Opportunity to succeed

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Weber has some of the smartest pr practitioners around, making it a great place to learn and grow in. There are opportunities to touch numerous businesses, especially regarding food clients

Cons

The salary is not as competitive as it should be and team structures can sometimes be top-heavy, leaving junior staff with a lot to handle.

Listen closely to team requests regarding staffing. Employees need to feel supported.

Other Reviews for Weber Shandwick

Great internship - corp comms

Former Employee - Corp Communications Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corp Communications Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Weber Shandwick as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great entry into PR in NYC. Solid team, well-balanced in terms of experience. Gave me plenty of solid work assignments and didn't let jr full-time people shuffle junk work my way. As an intern, was never asked to come in early or stay late. They opened doors in various groups when I was interested in getting a FT offer, which I did receive.

Cons

It's huge -- helps to know people in all the different practice groups.

Great people, ridiculous politics in the upper ranks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Lots of energetic, positive people to work with. Lots of brilliant people. Great atmosphere, and the management is vibrant and supportive. Great place for women and minorities to work. After-work fitness program is extraordinary.

Cons

Many priorities mixed up. Will hire VPs, SVPs and EVPs at the drop of a hat, but refuse to invest in the lower management that actually does the grunt work. Political agendas inhibit many useful things from getting done. The word "investment" is not in their dictionary -- must be immediate, tangible and political benefit to everything -- especially innovation.

Realize who really does the work, and invest in the lower ranks. If you want to catch up to Edelman in the least bit, quit stagnating internal innovation.

There are newer employer reviews for Weber Shandwick.

Worked for Weber Shandwick? Contribute to the Community!