WebiMax

www.webimax.com

Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated.

SEO Project Manager (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
-Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
-Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
-Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
-Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
-No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
-Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
-Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
-Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
-Poor communication and a secretive environment.
-CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

Advice to Senior Management-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
-Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
-Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

Sinking ship

I have been working at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: The next company that moves in is going to have… Cons: Salesmen that sell contracts that have nothing to do with what the client actually needs. Upper management with no idea how to run a business,… Advice to Senior Management: Close the doors No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work but underpaid

SEO Developer (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great atmosphere work place. I worked with very talented people and every day was different.… Cons: Low salary. Expensive healthcare and no sick days. Advice to Senior Management: Improve the communication between departments. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on WebiMax.

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!