An Internship Success

Former Intern - Inbound Marketer in Mount Laurel, NJ
Former Intern - Inbound Marketer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a summer internship, but was told I would be treated like a full-time employee instead of an intern. They delivered on their promise 100%. My first day I was trained alongside a full-time new hire. Their training program was organized, educational, and systematic. I learned a variety of skills that I would not have learned at college and was able to implement what I learned directly with clients. My supervisor, the current Content Development Manager, supplied the right amount of oversight so that I never had to seek him out for questions, but I never felt micromanaged. He was helpful and encouraging with advice and I received steady feedback on my performance. I also had the opportunity to learn about social media platforms and social media management from the current Social Media Manager. It was an engaging experience and it showed that Webimax's managers are consistent in their mentoring process. Everyone I dealt with at Webimax was helpful and gave positive feedback. I just spent a summer working 40 hours a week. Not only did it go by fast, but I'm sorry it's over.

Cons

I was coming from a western suburb of Pennsylvania so the Mount Laurel location is not ideal, but they are in the process of moving their offices to Camden.

Advice to Management

I loved working with everyone at Webimax, which makes me wish I had gotten the chance to interact with them more! There weren't many social activities or ways to meet new people. An occasional company lunch or social activity that involved the company once or twice a year would provide an opportunity to meet more people. Thanks again for the opportunity of a lifetime!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As project manager you do learn many different things and develop your skillset. You can strengthen your ability speaking with clients in person and on the phone, managing clients (expectations, deadlines, etc.), develop online marketing strategy and skills further, manage time efficiently, work on the small to-do's while keeping an eye on the big picture, work to deadlines. Time off is very generous and the work environment is fun, and supportive if you put in the time and effort and you show care for your clients to your colleagues and management. This is noticed. Contrary to what some reviewers say, management works hard to push the company forward and will meet you half way of you put in the effort. You are encouraged to work independently but the support network is there. Staff is quality, there are quality people that you want to work beside and you can develop solid relationships as a result.

Cons

The flow of information can improve regarding announcements and developments. The office space is older without much atmosphere, but that does not negatively impact the core experience. Pay for some positions can be neutral, but these are entry positions and as you develop, your salary grows along with your role and responsibilities.

Horrible

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Advice to Management

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.