There are newer employer reviews for Webroot Software

First GOOD experience with a corporation

Current Employee - Threat Research Analyst in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Threat Research Analyst in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Webroot Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Webroot will help you on a career path aligned with your goals

Cons

It does take quite a bit of work to finally get compensation. Usually the compensation is at zero hours too.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Rewarded for loyalty (NOT)

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Webroot Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It served me well for 7 long years People are still employed (who knows for how long) Company has enough money to still hire executives They have enough money to pay reviewers

Cons

After 7 long years it chewed me out and decided to spit me out like chewing gum. Although my last performance review said my performance was phenomenal (manager's words, not mine) I was discarded like a piece of garbage. In 2 weeks I will be deported thanks to Webroot. I hope the management can sleep well. No new hires last more than 2 years. Seriously. Check the stats. Old timers are all gone. Or some like me discarded like garbage. Company is run by folks who are still used to the 60s style management. Really old executives. Executives are horrible politicians. LOT of in fighting. Managers are namesake. None are hands-on. The ones who were are all gone cuz they didnt play the game.

Advice to Management

Someday, somewhere, karma will catch up.

Rotten carrots

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Webroot Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every couple of years they trick employees into believing there is a technology revolution coming and the company may go public, The carrot is always hanging.

Cons

Where do I begin? There are constant lay-offs and high profile departures. Look at the facts. The company has gone from almost 600 employees worldwide to just around 400 in a little over a year. This company isn't making any money. They threw away their flagship products and are now making even less than they did before. In their zest to lighten the load, they laid-off the people who actually worked. They retained manager-types who don't even delegate well. The management types love to use buzzwords like frictionless but are only capable of spreading political malice. The same can be said about people recently promoted to the executive level. When they do reward hard work their decisions leave one scratching their head - executives who are barely pubescent and have never even had management experience? The less we talk about their acquisitions, the better. When was the last time a webroot acquisition result in financial benefits for the company? errr never,. No really, NEVER.

Advice to Management

None. Thanks for the carrot. Good luck with your incompetent engineering management team.