Websense

www.websense.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Websense

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Websense full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, work/life balance and good benefits. I've had the opportunity to workwith some very talented people, and also I love the technology! My position may be unique in having visibility into a lot of different areas, and I like the direction that the company is headed.

Cons

Sure, Websense has its challenges like any company. I've worked at some rough companies, bit and small. I can say that no problem I've seen here is insurmountable and that the leadership I work with daily (several VP's and above) is working diligently to tackle the issues one by one. That means more to me than what the issues are individually.

The only thing I could really think of is to foster more collaboration with internal teams. There are some outstanding ideas from people in a lot of different groups on how to improve products, process, etc. Let's start gathering and planting those seeds!

201 Other Employee Reviews for Websense (View Most Recent)

Happiness depends on which department you work in...

Current Employee - Engineering in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Websense full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Talented people - most are great to work with. I happen to be fortunate and work on a good team with a good manager. Lots of challenging work - I've never been bored in the years I have been here.

Cons

There is no guiding philosophy of treating/cultivating the workforce at Websense, so your experience completely depends on which team you work on or manager you have. Management seems to place such high merit in folks who give up their personal lives including time with their families for the greater good of the company. That just makes me sad. Once in a while when the need is there, step up...no problem. But that should not be the regular pace.

Encourage top down to value employees - it not only inspires and motivates, but it also serves to retain company knowledge versus watch them walk out the door. Protect the work/life balance and we will be more grateful and loyal.

plenty of potential, realization questionable...

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Websense full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Websens has great technology, it has a tried and stable financial model, it has a relevant market focus with budgeted dollars from customers

Cons

The ability to execute has been erratic, there are sparks of brilliance, but the entire company does not seem to be aligned and driving in concert. The culture is in a state of flux, with no clear long term anchor.

There are newer employer reviews for Websense