Webster Financial
www.websteronline.com Waterbury, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great-if you are young, bilingual, with no family.

Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center) (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits
Excellent training
Convenient Location
Great job if you have no family at all, no physical limitations, and no responsibilities outside of work at all!

ConsWork/Life balance completely nonexistent- I called my boss from the ER to explain what was going on with an elderly parent who was rushed to hospital by ambulance with some very frightening symptoms, and I was threatened with losing my job when I told my boss I might need a few days off. I had not been absent from work prior to this AT ALL.

Preference in work shifts given to younger (under age 30) employees and those who speak Spanish- but not other languages.

One manager was VERY nosy about employees' personal lives- got pretty awkward a few times with inappropriate questions and comments. I just started ignoring stuff that I felt crossed the line.

Lots of pressure to do community service-no exceptions if you have physical problems that limit what you can do- no community service=note of such on your annual review.

Lots of pressure to donate to United Way, donations were sometimes tracked by your manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Work Life balance, and not scheduling shifts fairly results in losing good employees. This was my biggest concern, if I have a family emergency I am concerned enough about that, I do not need to have my job threatened as well! Sorry, illnesses of elderly parents cannot be planned in advance! Please do not comment on or question me on things that do not affect me doing my job.

Good working environment.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Webster Financial

Pros: they cared about their employees and customers Cons: Their technology was a little behind Advice to Senior Management: Continue treating employees and customers with the utmost respect and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad workplace, but not great either.

I have been working at Webster Financial

Pros: Great benefits and work life balance. A good place of… Cons: Can be frustrating to work in a bank during periods of crisis.… Advice to Senior Management: Always provide the importance of a job to each individual… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Webster Financial.

Worked for Webster Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Webster Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Webster Financial CEO James C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Webster Financial employees.