Webster Financial

www.websteronline.com
  www.websteronline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Webster Financial

Great-if you are young, bilingual, with no family.

Former Employee - Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center)
Former Employee - Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center)

I worked at Webster Financial

Pros

Good benefits
Excellent training
Convenient Location
Great job if you have no family at all, no physical limitations, and no responsibilities outside of work at all!

Cons

Work/Life balance completely nonexistent- I called my boss from the ER to explain what was going on with an elderly parent who was rushed to hospital by ambulance with some very frightening symptoms, and I was threatened with losing my job when I told my boss I might need a few days off. I had not been absent from work prior to this AT ALL.

Preference in work shifts given to younger (under age 30) employees and those who speak Spanish- but not other languages.

One manager was VERY nosy about employees' personal lives- got pretty awkward a few times with inappropriate questions and comments. I just started ignoring stuff that I felt crossed the line.

Lots of pressure to do community service-no exceptions if you have physical problems that limit what you can do- no community service=note of such on your annual review.

Lots of pressure to donate to United Way, donations were sometimes tracked by your manager.

No Work Life balance, and not scheduling shifts fairly results in losing good employees. This was my biggest concern, if I have a family emergency I am concerned enough about that, I do not need to have my job threatened as well! Sorry, illnesses of elderly parents cannot be planned in advance! Please do not comment on or question me on things that do not affect me doing my job.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Webster Financial (View Most Recent)

Good working environment.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Webster Financial

Pros

they cared about their employees and customers

Cons

Their technology was a little behind

Continue treating employees and customers with the utmost respect and will always be a winner

Not a bad workplace, but not great either.

I have been working at Webster Financial

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance. A good place of work if you prefer small local banking in the New England area.

Cons

Can be frustrating to work in a bank during periods of crisis. Seems like your hands can be tied behind your back at times.

Always provide the importance of a job to each individual and be willing to listen to any employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Webster Financial