Make a move and get demoted - NOT FAIR

Current Employee - Project Manager in Wallingford, CT
Current Employee - Project Manager in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Webster Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and time off are generous

Cons

No career path - after making a lateral move to get some fresh experience I had my new position re-org'd and was offered a choice of a significant salary cut or a lousy severance package. All because the organization didn't plan before taking action. But no loyalty of company to loyal employees. No training, no reimbursement for professional certifications or conferences. They exploit what their professionals bring to the company and do not help us keep our skills sets fresh.

Advice to Management

If you are going to sell the bank, then just do it. Don't continue to abuse those of us that are trying to do more with less and achieve insane goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Webster Financial

1. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Pros

Each Branch has it's own personality Large Company with a small company feel The benefits are competitive Goals are achievable

Cons

Our clearing firm is terrible to work with (UVEST) Forced to enter time manually The pay is not great Too many spreadsheets, classes, calls, events that take away from client interaction

Advice to Management

Goals are important but forcing us to to do all the entry takes away from meeting with clients Think of another Broker/Dealer because UVEST is not cutting it.

2. An excellent company to work for.

Pros

Company is willing to provide good training. They also like to promote from within. The company is sensitive to employee needs. Overall, a friendly company to work for.

Cons

So far, I have not seen any cons to the position or with the company. It is quiet possible that as a new employee I am not accustomed to everything about the company. However, I am extremely happy.

Advice to Management

So far, I have not seen any reason to advice or provide a particular feedback. I am very new to the company, and what I see so far is very encouraging.