An excellent company to work for.

I have been working at Webster Financial

Pros

Company is willing to provide good training. They also like to promote from within. The company is sensitive to employee needs. Overall, a friendly company to work for.

Cons

So far, I have not seen any cons to the position or with the company. It is quiet possible that as a new employee I am not accustomed to everything about the company. However, I am extremely happy.

So far, I have not seen any reason to advice or provide a particular feedback. I am very new to the company, and what I see so far is very encouraging.

Other Reviews for Webster Financial

If you want to start at a career in banking with little experience, a great way to learn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Webster Financial

Pros

They are good at selling the dream. The benefits are decent compared to other banks I've worked at.

Cons

The bank is experiencing cut backs and has sold off Commercial Lending, Insurance and has and will continue to lay off employees.

I know you preach that you will not grow for the sake of growing, but you will always make sure it is the right thing to do, please don't forget that.

Great-if you are young, bilingual, with no family.

Former Employee - Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center)

I worked at Webster Financial

Pros

Good benefits
    Excellent training
    Convenient Location
    Great job if you have no family at all, no physical limitations, and no responsibilities outside of work at all!

Cons

Work/Life balance completely nonexistent- I called my boss from the ER to explain what was going on with an elderly parent who was rushed to hospital by ambulance with some very frightening symptoms, and I was threatened with losing my job when I told my boss I might need a few days off. I had not been absent from work prior to this AT ALL.

Preference in work shifts given to younger (under age 30) employees and those who speak Spanish- but not other languages.

One manager was VERY nosy about employees' personal lives- got pretty awkward a few times with inappropriate questions and comments. I just started ignoring stuff that I felt crossed the line.

Lots of pressure to do community service-no exceptions if you have physical problems that limit what you can do- no community service=note of such on your annual review.

Lots of pressure to donate to United Way, donations were sometimes tracked by your manager.

No Work Life balance, and not scheduling shifts fairly results in losing good employees. This was my biggest concern, if I have a family emergency I am concerned enough about that, I do not need to have my job threatened as well! Sorry, illnesses of elderly parents cannot be planned in advance! Please do not comment on or question me on things that do not affect me doing my job.

There are newer employer reviews for Webster Financial.

Worked for Webster Financial? Contribute to the Community!