Webtrends

www.webtrends.com
  www.webtrends.com
There are newer employer reviews for Webtrends

Webtrends is innovating in their digital marketing analytics cloud solution offerings.

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Webtrends full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work environment, benefits, technology and people.

Cons

Organization is moving so quickly, it can be a bit tough to stay proficient.

Tighten-up the cross functional communications.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Webtrends (View Most Recent)

Risky place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Webtrends full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not many, the people are good and even the mid level managers are good but thats about it.

Cons

You could set your career back working here. There is no guarantee you will have a job month to month regardless of how successful you are or you make the company. Your manager has little control of this and HR seems powerless to protect the employees. There seems to be no clear reason for layoffs and re-orgs that happen quarterly across many departments. I have seen great people let go for no reason and none given. I had to leave as I was in fear of my position being cut every quarter. This is a terrifying place to work. I'm embarrassed to add this time to my resume. I don't want people to think I had anything to do with this company’s downward spiral. I feel bad for the people and customers who are kept in the dark about this miss-management.

I'm not sure they can't do anything about these problems as they are in the same position as everyone else. The average tenure of the management team is less than six months. Either recently promoted or recently hired.

WARNING! Never, ever consider working at this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Webtrends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people and the technology are good but they wont save your job.

Cons

FEAR! They are firing people for no reason quarterly. There is no clear direction the company is going but down. Every couple of quarters or so they (not sure who they are) seem to have a new idea for where to take the company which could or could not include you. First they hire a bunch of new people, train them, put them to work then decide they over hired or don't need them for the next phase of the companies evolution. Fear is the order of the day at Webtrends. It would be great if they actually had a CEO but he only sits in his ivory tower sending out pep-rally emails but is so badly disconnected he has no idea what to do or say any more. The managers have no authority, the executives seem to be getting their marching orders from the investors who have no clear direction to take the company. People are always a companies greatest assest but Webtrends has lost sight of this year ago. Stay away form Webtrends unless you are looking for a short term (very short term) opportunity.

I would suggest holding the executives or board or investors accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Webtrends