Webuyanycar.com USA

www.webuyanycar.com
  www.webuyanycar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Webuyanycar.com USA

Be prepared to sell sell sell

Current Employee - Branch Manager
Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast growing company with great advancement opportunities. Not bad pay for entry level. Great support network. Dynamic fast paced work environment. You learn a great deal about the automotive industry and can pick up a thing or two when buying your next car.

Cons

Long Hours. Not really a customer service position. More of a sales position. Yes you help the customer but in the end you are expected to sell a price.

Webuyanycar.com USA Response

Oct 25, 2013Human Resoures Generalist

Thank you for your feedback!

It is important to note that here at webuyanycar.com, we do not sell cars. We have no "retail" aspect to our business. Every day we work with our customers in
... More

32 Other Employee Reviews for Webuyanycar.com USA (View Most Recent)

Not a bad gig if you're a recent college grad. Senior professionals beware

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time

Pros

- Co-workers are very friendly
    - Upper management team is pretty decent for the most part
    - Base salary + commission
    - New company (oppurtunity to advance quickly)
    - If you have very little to do during the day you get to take a decent size lunch break
    - Need to know little knowledge about automobiles
    - Good training program

Cons

- High employee turnover
    - Long hours
    - Pay plans for Branch Managers and Management Trainees on job sites are inflated to get you to apply for these positions. You will not make that amount of money unless you are in an extremely busy branch (this is very rare. Most branches are slow to average)
    - You're not really a "manager". You are in the branch by yourself every day.
    - Upper management doesnt understand that sometimes you need a work/personal life balance
    - A lot of down time with nothing to do. Can be boring at times
    - Be expected to work every Saturday
    - Quotas are very difficult to achieve
    - You always have to explain yourself to upper management on why your numbers are down even though sometimes its out of your control
    - Upper management believes its always your fault quotas are not being met. No matter if the market is down
    - 0 marketing besides pay per click (no radio or tv). A lot of potential customers are scared to do business with you because they have never heard of the company before.
    - Computer systems are always crashing. IT department is not very helpful
    - Sometimes it seems upper management doesnt care about employees quiting. They will hire someone the next day to fill the position.
    - Senior managment cares more about company profitability than keeping there employees happy.

Keep your employees happy. The less turnover the less money you're spending on new hires and training. Quality employees are key to success. Offer them a higher pay salary because to make a good commission is very difficult even at an average branch. Do not post on job sites BM's & MT's will be making X amount of dollars where in reality they will be making around 20k-25k less than what you posted (Even if they are working at an average branch). This will also keep some employee turnover down

Don't always point the finger at your branch managers when numbers are down. Without them you would not be where you are today. Negativity doesnt drive hard work. Sometimes you need to look at yourself or the market. Realize that people need a work/life balance especially when they work hard and are not getting paid well. 1 to 2 Saturdays off a month would've been nice.

Webuyanycar.com USA Response

Oct 25, 2013Human Resoures Generalist

Thank you for your feedback!

Being a webuyanycar.com employee is more than just "managing" people, it really is about managing a business and that is what we are able to teach all of our employees
    ... More

What will the Fruits of your labor be worth...

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Webuyanycar.com USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great if interested in cars and enjoy a sales environment in which you engage with people.
    Extremely independent, in that you'll work alone 90% of the time.
    Very young company.

I was one of the first 20 employees in this company. It was quite exciting being part of a brand new start up business(in the US). I won awards, gained recognition from peers/management, made good friends, gained experience running an independent branch ....then two months passed and reality set in, unfortunately I stuck around another 9 months.

Cons

DISCLAIMER: It has been close to a year since my employment.

Business Concept- We can just buy cars, not sell to public, but sell them at auction. May not work in practicality. In more cases then not, the clients I worked with ended up getting a better price for there car down the street at car max.

Marketing Structure- When I came on they had promised million of $$ in television, radio etc. I've seen them on TV once, haven't herd the radio jam in a while. This led to empty appointment slots, which in turn leads to cold calling off Craigslist and pissing off your neighborhood auto shops with your shenanigans.

Stability - When I started looking for a job after a year, I was one of five employees left. I saw the director of pricing, director of marketing, analytical engineer, title manager, area manager, auction representative, compliance officers and just about every branch manager leave.

Business Growth - During my time we had expanded to 40 branches (Branch= office with a computer and downstairs parking lot to look at and buy cars in the rain.) When I left there were less then 20 branches but still talk of great expansion.

Compensation- It's bad, especially for the car business. $32K plus commission, a small percent of what the car makes at auction.

Long hours - Running the branch alone, you work weekends and always more then 9 hours . I'll never forget the time when I told my manager I had to leave to say goodbye to my best friends father, he said no and I left anyway, good thing cause he died that night.

Communication- I might see my manager twice a month. I would receive calls sometime though, they went like, "John, you need to buy a car today, you do not want to not a buy a car today, if you don't, it will be bad." After consistently ranking among the top branch manager, I was delivered a performance ultimatum, by email mind you. I wanted to talk to my manager about the reasoning(probably the Brit owners ROI), but he refused and I started looking for a new job.

You will be pressured, you will be threatened and you will wish you read this review.

I think I've said enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Webuyanycar.com USA