There are newer employer reviews for WeddingWire

Excited to come to work each day!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- extremely flexible environment. Includes everything from paid time off, long lunches, working from home, etc. If you're in sales, as long as you hit your numbers, that's pretty much all that matters.
- very hands-off management style. Never feel micro-managed but all managers/directors/exec team are very visible and approachable.
- Along the same lines, the exec team is awesome and so engaged in every day life around the office. Tim is seen in the cafe just hanging out on a regular basis and I feel like I could go talk to Lee about anything at any time.
- I feel my talent genuinely valued. Management always recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of their employees. Never feel like they take me for granted.
- such a fun place to work. the actual day-to-day of WeddingWire is unlike anywhere else. We have parties for any and every reason (Mardi Gras, Baseball Opening Day) and the office is always bright, exciting, and positive.
- very transparent sales structure. easy to keep track of how you are doing in comparison to others
- excellent product. Our development team is exceptional and constantly on the forefront of what's next. Makes it very easy to sell a product that is so far above our competitors

Cons

- it is a newer company and as we grow at a rapid pace, rules are ALWAYS changing. Hard to keep track when a policy was different 1 month ago
- we're already outgrowing this space (and we just moved!) Meetings are often filled to capacity and even the last all hands meeting in the cafe was too small for all our employees.
- training on new product rollouts leaves a bit to be desired.

Keep doing what you're doing! I work hard because I genuinely want WeddingWire to do well and I love coming to work every day. You've created not only an excellent product that I am proud to sell but also a work environment that fosters talent and makes me feel appreciated everyday.

43 Other Employee Reviews for WeddingWire (View Most Recent)

Can't get much better than this

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at WeddingWire offers employees tremendous ability to grow both professionally and personally. The flexible environment here pushes everyone to be self-motivated and hard-working, while also cultivating a team effort across the board that everyone wants to win for. The chain of command is accessible on all levels as well, with many employees from various levels considered to be "friends", both inside and outside of the office.

Cons

Due to our dramatic growth in recent years, our goals are extremely high and require a constant cycle of major individual and team effort. While this is expected out of any individual for any company, WeddingWire is not expected to slow down any time soon, so it's full speed ahead at all times.

Fast paced, upbeat, and thriving! WeddingWire is the HOTTEST tech company to work for in the DC metro area.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is unlike any other company; work hard/play hard mentality is highly encouraged by the executive team. Each employee feels incredibly valued and at the end of the day, there is a mutual understanding that everyone is working together toward one common goal. Fabulous perks: unlimited vacation days, health benefits, travel stipend, bonus incentives/all-inclusive vacations (for sales team), happy hours, company parties, fun and casual work environment.

Cons

Since the company is growing and changing at such an incredibly rapid pace, sometimes it can be a challenge to keep up with the ever changing rules & regulations and new releases of website tools & features.

Stay hungry! Never stop playing like Wayne...."A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be." - Wayne Gretzky

There are newer employer reviews for WeddingWire