There are newer employer reviews for WeddingWire

it's great being developer for Winning-Wire

Current Employee - Developer/Engineer in Chevy Chase, MD
Current Employee - Developer/Engineer in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible working hours, unlimited vacation, ping pong, and a casual dress policy.
-Everyone on the team is: smart, motivated, and good at what they do.
-WeddingWire programmers get to use the latest technology to get the job done.
-no micromanagement here and lots of room to grow a career.

Cons

-We work at faster pace than most companies.
-There's an unlimited amount of work to be done.

Advice to Management

401k matching

reviews filtered by

Don't let the laid back environment fool you!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual environment, unlimited time off, great co-workers and really amazing work social scene.

Cons

It's a about territory on the sales side. They play favorites a lot. If they put you in a market that the company hasn't even done a networking night for good luck. They tend to visit larger cities a lot more and the reps there do amazing. They have no interest in developing/ helping out the smaller market people. They will fire you and find someone else to try and sell there. Historically when that new person doesn't sell, they fire them too. Very high turnover rate if your market is bad. Be sure to check sales force and see how many reps before you were calling into a market. If they aren't employeed there anymore you have a bad market.

Advice to Management

Stop saying that its the reps fault all the time. Management knows that certain regions are not good, but they continue to breeze over the fact that marketing doesn't do enough for the smaller cities.

WeddingWire Response

Oct 17, 2014Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We have done our research and we are very proud to admit that we have a strong retention rate. We have a Sales Development Team that works directly with our Sales Team to ... More

2. Excited to come to work each day!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- extremely flexible environment. Includes everything from paid time off, long lunches, working from home, etc. If you're in sales, as long as you hit your numbers, that's pretty much all that matters.
    - very hands-off management style. Never feel micro-managed but all managers/directors/exec team are very visible and approachable.
    - Along the same lines, the exec team is awesome and so engaged in every day life around the office. Tim is seen in the cafe just hanging out on a regular basis and I feel like I could go talk to Lee about anything at any time.
    - I feel my talent genuinely valued. Management always recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of their employees. Never feel like they take me for granted.
    - such a fun place to work. the actual day-to-day of WeddingWire is unlike anywhere else. We have parties for any and every reason (Mardi Gras, Baseball Opening Day) and the office is always bright, exciting, and positive.
    - very transparent sales structure. easy to keep track of how you are doing in comparison to others
    - excellent product. Our development team is exceptional and constantly on the forefront of what's next. Makes it very easy to sell a product that is so far above our competitors

Cons

- it is a newer company and as we grow at a rapid pace, rules are ALWAYS changing. Hard to keep track when a policy was different 1 month ago
    - we're already outgrowing this space (and we just moved!) Meetings are often filled to capacity and even the last all hands meeting in the cafe was too small for all our employees.
    - training on new product rollouts leaves a bit to be desired.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I work hard because I genuinely want WeddingWire to do well and I love coming to work every day. You've created not only an excellent product that I am proud to sell but also a work environment that fosters talent and makes me feel appreciated everyday.