Wegmans Food Markets

www.wegmans.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

This isn't that great of a place to work

Current Employee - Cashier in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Cashier in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a cashier the pros are that there are cool co-workers, flexible shedules, easy to take of time for vacations etc. , they allow tattoos, piercings at least at the store I work at... That's about it for the pros

Cons

The management really isn't that great because they switch mangers at least once a year so it's not consistent at all, their really strict about breaks and sometimes if you don't remind them you won't get one at all. It's busy all the time so your constantly swamped with a long line. It's VERY hard to switch departments because you constantly have to remind your manger. Overall being a cashier at wegmans sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I was in a different department but yet I'm still stuck as a cashier and I've been working there for 3 years! It

Get a clue and listen to your employees more

565 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets (View Most Recent)

Fun, people-oriented place to work

Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

The pay was good for the work, with consistent raises. They are willing to work with your school schedule. They really do care about educating their employees and affecting the community.

Cons

As with all retail, you must work holidays and weekends frequently. Some customers can be a pain, but again, that's with all retail..

Keep cultivating talent from within! It's one of Wegman's greatest strengths. Also, make a greater effort to reward your employees with time off during the holidays when possible.

very rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

very personable place to work good with family obligations everyone is so helpful and willing to teach you very flexible scheduling

Cons

the posting process for full time can be a difficult process,sometimes the cutting of hours can be annoying you can work 32 hours one week and then 20 the next.

the only advice to management would be to listen to your people usually they are also your customers who are your moneymakers

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets