Wegmans Food Markets

www.wegmans.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Negative experience.

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

Great reputation, top ranking on fortune 100

Cons

Should select better interviewers with more professionalism.

Be respectful to applicants by returning their phone calls, especially after telling them to call with any questions at the end of the interview. Very unprofessional conduct!!!

538 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets (View Most Recent)

WONDERFULL PLACE TO WORK

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

excelent staff treatment, greaat college programs and scolarships word to the staff and management this is a good place to be

Cons

sometimes tough to get appropriate time off and ability to go on extended leave as it was an hourly position

You get what you put in to this company.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lovely company, we have an amazing reputation. Coming from a younger person still going through college, I'm never embarassed of telling people I work in a grocery store. I love working here. Although from other reviews I've seen people bothered by managment favoring certain people, my advice: managment will only notice you if you notice them, say hi, have a conversation, get to know them, it never hurts.
    We get payed very well for our area. Plus we get payed weekly, whenever we need a day off or need to call out, we are always heard, I've never had a problem with asking for a day off.
    I love my coworkers, everyone is always very friendly, upper managment is very approachable, I'm very fond of our store manager, the front end manager, and the STLs. The other cashiers are very nice, and we are very well trained.
    I love that our uniforms are very versatile, any color polo we'd like, short or long sleeve, and black or tan pants.
    Although we don't get discounts, there are a ton of opportunities to go through brand training and get coupons for free wegmans brand items.
    Not unionized! in grocery stores, unions are a pain. Yes they show you that awkward 70's style "evil union" video, but honestly, I'm happy the way the store is now, and I wouldn't like it better with a union down our backs.

Cons

Fair warning, as a cashier, you're constantly moving, it's incredibly tiring, after 3-4 back to back 8 hour shifts, all I want to do is sleep.
    Schedules are always posted last minute, VERY last minute, it happens often you get your weekly schedule 3 days before it begins.
    Please please please implement a discount for prepared foods, I love getting lunch at work, but it would be amazing if we could get a discount... trust me the by-weight foods add up, you can easily spend $12 on a lunch (that's approx 1.5 hours work for me after taxes.)

I realize this changes from store to store, but I'm very content with my stores managment, so keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets