There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Great hourly job for retired worker or students.

Current Employee - Cashier Front End in State College, PA
Current Employee - Cashier Front End in State College, PA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

The stores are clean and well organized.Management tries to work with the associates available times.Cross training in different sections is a great reason if you look for advance in the store.

Cons

Working holidays and weekends.As a front end cashier you never get to attend the stretches that are so much pushed by Wegmans management to help with injuries to the back or shoulders.Sometimes the front end supervisor forget you have a break coming.And the break system is if working 5 hrs.you get a 15min paid break but working 6hrs. the cashier has to take a 30 min.lunch and this is not paid.

Advice to Management

Dress code needs to be more enforced with the younger associate.Front end leaders need to help out with bagging.The job is very stress full.The lunch break system need a up date giving 15mi breaks after four hours working and the 30 min lunch after six hours should be optional to a part time cashier.The lunch is for 8 hrs. If someone works less hours this feels like I give my time to the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Easy job, good pay but little room for advancement

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time

Pros

Fairly low pressure environment, pay is good especially for a recent college grad. Somewhat flexible schedule. Growing company and literally no chance of getting fired.

Cons

Not much room to advance also seems like only requirement to promote is to become friends with your boss since Wegmans has no performance metric in place.

Advice to Management

Stop turning a blind eye to underperforming and lazy managers.

Wegmans is nothing like it used to be..there have been a lot of changes-most of them not for the better.

Current Employee - Overnight Grocery in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Overnight Grocery in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a safe and friendly work environment. The stores are clean. They offer flexable hours for part time employees.

Cons

Wegmans used to go by the rule of "Happy employees makes happy customers". They don't believe in this anymore. Everything has become about the dollar.

Advice to Management

I think my department managers do a good job. I can't speak for other departments.