There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Good part time job with a company that cares

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is committed to employee well-being Flexible schedule (for cashiers) - Each store has about 100+ cashiers on staff so it is possible to find someone to switch shifts with when needed $.25 raises every 6 months Coworkers are all nice, good people Company looks good on a resume

Cons

After a while, cashing can become monotonous for some Management sometimes (inadvertently, I'm sure) puts you in uncomfortable positions in regard to taking shifts, changing availability, etc. Can be hard to voice your needs/wants with them (that might be me, though)

Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

1. Best grocery store chain in America.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent 4 years working for the company. The work environment was friendly, and it offered opportunities for career advancement. Wegmans places an emphasis on customer service which makes it different from competitors. As my manager explained during my job interview, they don't just sell products: they sell their service.

Cons

Entry level positions such as cashier are all part time. With an abundance of employees, getting the maximum amount of hours allowed can be difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Employees aren't robots. Customers aren't always right: even if you're supposed to pretend that they are!

2. Epic company!

Current Employee - Produce Team Leader in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Current Employee - Produce Team Leader in Chestnut Hill, MA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day you come to work, it's like you are coming to see your family. There's laughter, purpose, values, amazing people and so many chances for growth in New Markets.

Cons

At the end of the day we are a grocery store so entry level pay can be a bit on the lighter side but definitely more than any other grocery chain.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding up and down the east coast :)