There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Good part time job with a company that cares

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is committed to employee well-being Flexible schedule (for cashiers) - Each store has about 100+ cashiers on staff so it is possible to find someone to switch shifts with when needed $.25 raises every 6 months Coworkers are all nice, good people Company looks good on a resume

Cons

After a while, cashing can become monotonous for some Management sometimes (inadvertently, I'm sure) puts you in uncomfortable positions in regard to taking shifts, changing availability, etc. Can be hard to voice your needs/wants with them (that might be me, though)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good experience Dependant upon store

Current Employee - Cashier in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is good with communication Flexible Scheduling Gives you time off if asked early

Cons

Hardly any incentives to work Had 3 managers within 2 years Managment would hire new people for higher roles rather than seasoned people No room for growth New hires got more money than those who worked for the store

Advice to Management

Make rules and regulations consistent around the board Stop giving unfair wages

2. Best grocery store chain in America.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent 4 years working for the company. The work environment was friendly, and it offered opportunities for career advancement. Wegmans places an emphasis on customer service which makes it different from competitors. As my manager explained during my job interview, they don't just sell products: they sell their service.

Cons

Entry level positions such as cashier are all part time. With an abundance of employees, getting the maximum amount of hours allowed can be difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Employees aren't robots. Customers aren't always right: even if you're supposed to pretend that they are!