Wegmans
www.wegmans.com Rochester, NY 5000+ Employees

Extremely accommodating for schedule changes

Customer Service (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for more than 5 years

ProsI worked for Wegmans for seven years from high school through university. Wegmans management was very supportive and accommodated my frequently changing schedule.

Wegmans offers a scholarship and is fairly easy to receive if you have 1-2 years experience before entering university.

ConsIt is very difficult to break into the corporate level

It is my opinion that Wegmans management keeps experience employees part-time in order to avoid paying benefits.

Some positions such as produce delivery load is vastly underpaid for the effort needed to complete the daily tasks, not to mention the physical strain and risk of injury.

Advice to Senior ManagementScholarship program does nearly nothing to retain relevant employees in the company. I am pretty sure it is simply in place to make the company look good and receive their recognition as a great company to work for. Don't get me wrong not complaining about receiving a scholarship, but Wegmans could utilize this program better and retain talent if they made an effort to mentor and actively offer career advice to their scholarship employees.

INCREDIBLE!

Cashier (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for less than a year

Pros: I have been with Wegnams as a Cashier since September. The staff is very nice, helpful, friendly and very accommodating. As a part… Cons: None. I have not found anything working about the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Love It Here!

Cashier (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wegmans full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Great flexible scheduling for a part time high schooler like me! -Great Pay -Treats there employees with respect… Cons: -Favoritism plays a huge roll in job promotions -The internal job process is also a joke, you see a person one day who's a cashier… Advice to Senior Management: Give us employees a discount and stop playing favoritism all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wegmans.

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wegmans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wegmans CEO Danny Wegman. All reviews posted anonymously by Wegmans employees.