Wegmans

www.wegmans.com

Extremely accommodating for schedule changes

Customer Service (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsI worked for Wegmans for seven years from high school through university. Wegmans management was very supportive and accommodated my frequently changing schedule.

Wegmans offers a scholarship and is fairly easy to receive if you have 1-2 years experience before entering university.

ConsIt is very difficult to break into the corporate level

It is my opinion that Wegmans management keeps experience employees part-time in order to avoid paying benefits.

Some positions such as produce delivery load is vastly underpaid for the effort needed to complete the daily tasks, not to mention the physical strain and risk of injury.

Advice to Senior ManagementScholarship program does nearly nothing to retain relevant employees in the company. I am pretty sure it is simply in place to make the company look good and receive their recognition as a great company to work for. Don't get me wrong not complaining about receiving a scholarship, but Wegmans could utilize this program better and retain talent if they made an effort to mentor and actively offer career advice to their scholarship employees.

Great Company, Terrible Work Environment

Customer Service - Sub Shop (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for more than a year

Pros: The job itself is very enjoyable. The volume of customer… Cons: The work environment is horrible. Atleast in regards to the Columbia location - coworkers do not hesitate to spread word about any mistake or mishaps… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its not what you know, but who you know...

Dairy Customer Service (Former Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Wegmans part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Wegmans is a good workplace for high school and college students. They will accommodation you… Cons: You have to know someone or be well acquainted to further your career.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to your "lower level" employees. They matter… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wegmans.

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!