Wegmans

www.wegmans.com
  www.wegmans.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Great career opportunities and continuous improvement support

Current Employee - Front End in Hornell, NY
Current Employee - Front End in Hornell, NY

I have been working at Wegmans part-time (more than an year)

Pros

After over two years of working at Wegmans I have began to get the feel of how great the company really is. If you are willing to commit yourself to work at a fast-paced but friendly environment you will continually grow as an employee. Wegmans is also very flexible with availabilities. If you are short scheduled, you can ask for more hours and depending on how open your availability is, they are more than likely to call you. The extra hours plus the show for dough is very beneficial.

Cons

The only one of two miniscule things I can critique about are that breaks can be a bit too short when you have loads of stuff to take care of. If they extend breaks from 10-15 minutes it will relieve stress for the cashiers so they can get their stuff done and come back once they are done. The other problem I have is the No Drinks at register policy. They should make an exception to bottled water to keep at the registers because during the busy shifts the only time that we can make a run to the drinking fountain or the drink station is when there are no customers in our aisle. Sometimes a rush can last over two hours and sometimes cashiers can get a little bit dehydrated. Having bottled water at the registers can help cashiers greatly so that they can be able to continue to provide incredible service to our customers.

Keep doing what you are doing, and keep maintaining open communication with your employees.

511 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans (View Most Recent)

I liked working the night shift their,it was a easy job.

Former Employee - Overnight Grocery in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Overnight Grocery in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Wegmans full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the hours,the pay,good workers(i'm friends with several of them)out of work,the paycheck,the free dinners for doing a great job

Cons

6-month policy for being injured on the job/off the job.some injuries take longer then that,wegmans doesn't give you enough time to recover .too many ridiculous policies

change your policies to benefit your employees.you say that customers come first while employees come second thats a crock

Great Company, Terrible Work Environment

Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wegmans part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job itself is very enjoyable. The volume of customer interaction is great.

Cons

The work environment is horrible. Atleast in regards to the Columbia location - coworkers do not hesitate to spread word about any mistake or mishaps you make. A lot of "behind the scenes" drama, which drives many employees to either turn in their 2 weeks or simply quit on the spot. It is much easier to get the job than to lose it. Which is not a good thing. Employees that have cronic lateness, misconduct, or harass others never see any punishment or stern treatment. Which leaves the actual "good employees" to suffer. If enjoy drama and a terrible work place, apply if you want. If not, steer clear.

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans