There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop  in  Allentown, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is great - the team that you work with is passionate about what they do. Everyone seems to be super nice and always understanding about the job.

Cons

The work - there seems to be a huge amount of work to be done just for an entry level job. The pay almost seems to be not worth the work that they make you do.

Pay needs to be increased as well as put in some employee discounts. Some of us work there for 8 hour shifts and we still have to pay full price for food for breaks.

476 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans (View Most Recent)

Great company, great values, but not a very fulfilling job

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE Wegmans from a customer standpoint. It truly is a great place to shop and offers an awesome selection of products.

Cons

The customers. As a job, I have come to dread it. I've worked in three different departments over the span of 6 years. I am a recent college graduate, and was fortunate to be able to work at Wegmans over school breaks and summer. Now that I am done with school, I cannot wait until I am able to quit Wegmans and move on. The customers are some of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Some days it is very hard to project the happy, proud image Wegmans wants us to, when we are berated by customers.

It seems as though management is out of touch with what actually goes on at the store. They have all these "wonderful" ideas and make drastic changes to the store without asking for input from the employees who actually work day-to-day in the departments. Also, everyone thinks that Wegmans is a great place to move up at- wrong. Management plays favorites. You can be the greatest candidate for higher position and lose it to someone just because they know the manager better.

fun for a job while in college

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Wegmans part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours, time and a half on holidays, fun atmosphere, good food. Seriously they typically have a pretty wonderful cafe which is nice to go to during your lunch or just top sit in and read a book.

Cons

obviously depending on location, some managers are better than others. possibly limited opportunity to move up. Also extremely busy, not very laid back atmosphere

discuss with employees opportunities / options to try other departments

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!