There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop  in  Allentown, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is great - the team that you work with is passionate about what they do. Everyone seems to be super nice and always understanding about the job.

Cons

The work - there seems to be a huge amount of work to be done just for an entry level job. The pay almost seems to be not worth the work that they make you do.

Pay needs to be increased as well as put in some employee discounts. Some of us work there for 8 hour shifts and we still have to pay full price for food for breaks.

473 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans (View Most Recent)

Not the best career choice!

Former Employee - Night Stock Grocery  in  Collegeville, PA
    Former Employee - Night Stock Grocery in Collegeville, PA

I worked at Wegmans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, when they become available (health care, dental, 401k). Time and a half pay on Sundays. Nice co-workers.

Cons

Expectations for advancement is limited. Upon hire, I was expected to advance into a management position after 6 months (23 years management experience). Big lie! Hired for Night Stock Grocery, placed in Dairy Department with no concern over health (relocated from Florida for this so-called great career opportunity). Lost 30 lbs and was sick on and off for three months. On the job injuries at a high level due to safety neglect. Co-worker wears face mask due to mold in dairy cooler that has been ignored. Worked every weekend for over a year with no ability to take even 1 weekend time off. Once you're on night shift, your stuck there (EVERY co-worker I worked with was turned down at advancing with Wegmans). No sick time available. Wegmans fails to pay for vacation time when taken (financial burden). Too many negative work experiences to list.

Learn some management skills! Be honest with the people you work with.

Great company, great values, but not a very fulfilling job

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE Wegmans from a customer standpoint. It truly is a great place to shop and offers an awesome selection of products.

Cons

The customers. As a job, I have come to dread it. I've worked in three different departments over the span of 6 years. I am a recent college graduate, and was fortunate to be able to work at Wegmans over school breaks and summer. Now that I am done with school, I cannot wait until I am able to quit Wegmans and move on. The customers are some of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Some days it is very hard to project the happy, proud image Wegmans wants us to, when we are berated by customers.

It seems as though management is out of touch with what actually goes on at the store. They have all these "wonderful" ideas and make drastic changes to the store without asking for input from the employees who actually work day-to-day in the departments. Also, everyone thinks that Wegmans is a great place to move up at- wrong. Management plays favorites. You can be the greatest candidate for higher position and lose it to someone just because they know the manager better.

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!