Wegmans

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Allentown, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service - Sub Shop in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Wegmans part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is great - the team that you work with is passionate about what they do. Everyone seems to be super nice and always understanding about the job.

Cons

The work - there seems to be a huge amount of work to be done just for an entry level job. The pay almost seems to be not worth the work that they make you do.

Pay needs to be increased as well as put in some employee discounts. Some of us work there for 8 hour shifts and we still have to pay full price for food for breaks.

495 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Bakery Customer Service in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Bakery Customer Service in Rochester, NY

I worked at Wegmans full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. There is plenty of room for advancement if you are motivated to move up. There are all kinds of jobs and the company works hard to find the right fit for dedicated employees.

Cons

Not all stores have great management, and once in a store or department with less than stellar management, it can be hard to move into a different store/department. The pay is not great for non-management positions if you only work part-time, however it does jump nicely once you are hired into full-time.

Recognize employees for what they do well and encourage growth.

Great company, great values, but not a very fulfilling job

I have been working at Wegmans part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE Wegmans from a customer standpoint. It truly is a great place to shop and offers an awesome selection of products.

Cons

The customers. As a job, I have come to dread it. I've worked in three different departments over the span of 6 years. I am a recent college graduate, and was fortunate to be able to work at Wegmans over school breaks and summer. Now that I am done with school, I cannot wait until I am able to quit Wegmans and move on. The customers are some of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Some days it is very hard to project the happy, proud image Wegmans wants us to, when we are berated by customers.

It seems as though management is out of touch with what actually goes on at the store. They have all these "wonderful" ideas and make drastic changes to the store without asking for input from the employees who actually work day-to-day in the departments. Also, everyone thinks that Wegmans is a great place to move up at- wrong. Management plays favorites. You can be the greatest candidate for higher position and lose it to someone just because they know the manager better.

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans