There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Overall good company

Current Employee - Meat Customer Service  in  Hornell, NY
Current Employee - Meat Customer Service in Hornell, NY

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is lots of room to move around in the company. They are opening store in a lot of different states and have lot of jobs in them. They have relativity good pay for a part time job. Started out at minimum wage and get raises every six months. The company has good values and goals and does a good job of living by them.

Cons

Hard to go full time. I worked in one of the smaller stores in the company and smaller departments in the store and at time it was hard to get time off. It is just like every other retail business you are going to work nights and weekends. Communication breaks down sometimes between management and part time help.

Communication needs improvement. The pay is nice ($0.25 raise every six months.) Also would be nice to see the coupons that are given out when achievements are made go back to being anything in the store not just the produce department.

476 Other Employee Reviews for Wegmans (View Most Recent)

6 years of part time

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Johnson City, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Johnson City, NY

I have been working at Wegmans part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There's a reason it's been in the top 10 places to work. There are scholarship for college bound kids. Health insurance for part timers and competitive pay. Also getting time off seems to be easy as long as it's for a week or less.

Cons

Moving from part time to full time is difficult especial in areas where there is only one store.

When someone doesn't fit a department, make the transition to another department faster please. One full year of a team lead who should have been in pharmacy was 8 months too long.

Great Company

Former Employee - Overnight Grocery  in  Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Overnight Grocery in Lanham, MD

I worked at Wegmans part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked overnight in grocery. The company really cares about their employees and that they are happy. Great co workers and management. Offered a lot of great discounts. Even discounts on movie tickets. Higher pay when you work on Sundays and holidays.

Cons

no grocery discount. It takes quite some time to move from part time to full time. My hours sucked. I didn't like that they hired someone new instead of promoting from within first.

keep up the great work

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!