Cashier at Wegmans

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Williamsville, NY
Current Employee - Cashier in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Wegmans

Pros

My co-workers and management staff are all wonderful! I enjoy the type of work I do and feel that this company is the best place to be working in my field. There is always a family-friendly atmosphere at Wegmans and this is a great motivational tool to any employee. There is a true sense of support working at Wegmans, and opportunities to gain experience and skills.

Cons

I do not really have any cons or downsides for working at Wegmans. I think that the people, pay and benefits are all quite positive aspects of the company. Wegmans is truly a unique organization to work for.

I'm not sure I would have any advice for the management of Wegmans except to continue working the way you currently do!

Other Reviews for Wegmans

We are your family now!

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Wegmans

Pros

Competitive salary for the area. Excellent brand. The people that I work with are very respectful and are, in most cases, very open with their information.

Cons

Work schedule is horrible. The work week for payroll purposes is set up as Sunday-Saturday and OT 1.5x is paid after 40 hours. A lot of times the schedule will have you working the last 5 days of one week and the first 5 days of the next with 10 hour shifts. That, in my opinion, is a 100 hour work week of 10 days with no OT. Management disappears at 4pm Friday and reappears at 8am Monday and wonders why service failures occur. Work/life balance does not exist! In the last 5 years I have had a pay increase equal to approximately 4% with all "exceeds standards" on every review. Meanwhile the company is boasting it's best year ever.

Empowerment doesn't mean hand the reigns over for the weekend and hope for the best. Develop some people to make Wegmans #1! Just because someone can run a store doesn't mean that they should be running a warehouse!

bakery

Former Employee - Bakery Worker  in  Depew, NY
    Former Employee - Bakery Worker in Depew, NY

I worked at Wegmans

Pros

There were some nice people to work with. I met met some nice customers. I was always busy. I was bored.

Cons

I never got the chance to learn new things. Same work everyday, never changes, take frozen rolls out pf freezer, set them up, clean anything, take garage out.

The managers should have better communication to the employees. The managers should give employees different things to do, other than the same things all the time.

There are newer employer reviews for Wegmans.

Worked for Wegmans? Contribute to the Community!