Weight Watchers
www.weightwatchers.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

My advice: Stay a member and do not work for the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsWorking with Weight Watchers members and helping them with their healthy lifestyle. Interacting with members. Interacting with some friendly colleagues.

Cons-MISLEADING MANAGEMENT: Know that you MUST work as a receptionist first and that there is a critical need, which Weight Watchers will not tell you (at least not the management chain I worked for). Not everyone wants to work as a receptionist and deal with all the paperwork involved, especially working at a traveler center, at-work meeting, or traditional meeting. Most meetings are NOT at retail walk-in centers, so know that if you work there, it will probably NOT be at a retail center. What does this mean? LOADS of paperwork, processing payments, working as a cashier, and setup for the meeting.
- PAPERWORK: Multiple pieces of paper need to be submitted for each meeting, unless you are one of the few who work at a retail center. There is TOO Much paperwork and for the most part, the company is a dinosaur when it comes to technology. There aren't even electronic credit card swipe machines available at most meetings, so everything is done by hand. This makes it a terrible experience for those who are at the "front lines" and supposed to be the "Face of Weight Watchers." Give me a break!
- MANUAL LABOR: Non retail meetings involve setting up and tearing down each meeting. This is ridiculous and probably not what you are thinking when you consider working at Weight Watchers. The management DOES NOT tell you this when you apply. The scales you have to lift and set down are heavy!
- UNCARING MANAGEMENT: Management really does not care about employees at all. You are just a number in this company.
- NO MORE MAGIC: The magic of being a member disappears when you begin working at this company for all the reasons listed above.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide technology to ALL traditional, traveler and at-work meetings to eliminate all the paperwork.
Be truthful and honest with prospective employees. Do not mislead employees and tell them they can become leaders on the fast-track, because you know they have to "pay their dues" and do the grunt work of a receptionist first. Employees are angry and upset with Weight Watchers for a reason. Maybe it is time to conduct exit interviews to discover WHY people are leaving. Turnover is high because the job is terrible. For all the years I have been a Weight Watcher, I was and am satisfied with the program but working for the company the past few months has been a TERRIBLE experience!

Flexible hours doing something that makes a difference in people's lives

WW Receptionist (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Weight Watchers

Pros: You play a part in improving people's lives physically and psychologically. If you… Cons: If you need time off, you have to find your own sub. Management… Advice to Senior Management: Having worked for WW for years, it seemed like there was a shift in the more recent years… More

We treat members well , but not employees

Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Weight Watchers

Pros: Busy meetings, opportunity for good pay, however two tier payscale. Flexible… Cons: If you can't work you have to find your own sub for a meeting which can be very difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Pay us to compensate for the immense responsibility we have as the "face" of WW. Make us… More
There are newer reviews on Weight Watchers.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weight Watchers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Weight Watchers CEO James R. Chambers. All reviews posted anonymously by Weight Watchers employees.