Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com

I have helped many members reach their weight-related goals and this was the most rewarding part of the job.

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Former Employee) Scarsdale, NY

ProsVery rewarding in helping people change their lives. Help keep my weight management under control. Meeting wonderful people. The program is healthy and works. The group support is priceless.

ConsTechnology is not there-they expect you to be a technician when computers are down, which is almost always. No tech support. Leaders are expected to carry WW money around and deposit it into their personal accounts or get money orders. Very backward way of doing business. Manual paperwork is ridiculous. No compensation for loyal part time employees. I worked for WW for 20 years and I finally decided to leave - didn't even get a thank you. Very poor management. WW is more interested in making money and paying celebrities big bucks, than appreciating their employees. Unsafe locations-you are expected to work alone at times-Very poor salary for what they expect. Management knows they have you right where they want you - it is hard to leave because of the members. That was the hardest part of leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the technology. Treat your employees with respect-stop taking things aways from them. Stop looking only at the numbers and look at the skills and passion of your employees. Create a better system in dealing with the money, which is so backwards. Don't expect the leader to bring a "bank" - we do not own the company. Stop threatening employees by taking meetings away when their wieght slips up a little. Do not expect the employees to vacuum, clean the bathrooms and take out the garbage. Last but not least, give your employees a better salary. The CEO should visit their centers and look at the working condition.

My advice: Stay a member and do not work for the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Weight Watchers

Pros: Working with Weight Watchers members and helping them with their… Cons: -MISLEADING MANAGEMENT: Know that you MUST work as a receptionist first and that there is a critical need, which Weight Watchers will not tell you… Advice to Senior Management: Provide technology to ALL traditional, traveler and at-work meetings to eliminate all the paperwork. Be truthful and honest with prospective employees. Do not mislead employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

We treat members well , but not employees

Receptionist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Weight Watchers

Pros: Busy meetings, opportunity for good pay, however two tier payscale. Flexible… Cons: If you can't work you have to find your own sub for a meeting which can be very difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Pay us to compensate for the immense responsibility we have as the "face" of WW. Make us… More

There are newer reviews on Weight Watchers.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!