Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com
  www.weightwatchers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

A Great Job to Make a Positive Impact!

Former Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Harrisonburg, VA
Former Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is the job for you if you want to make a positive impact on people and motivate change! Service Providers (Leaders or Receptionists) at a local meeting location get great perks (employee discount on products, free WW magazine subscription) and many professional development opportunities. Working for WW is great if you are looking for part-time employment and the work is easy. Employees are "members first" and must maintain a personal weight goal that fit within prescribed WW program guidelines. It's great motivation to keep your own weight in check. I've gained job skills that have helped me in several different careers - presentational speaking, counseling, training, relationship-building, logistics, event planning, just to name a few.

Cons

This is not the job for you if you need to pay the bills. The wages and the hours just aren't there. It's not the most glamorous job either, you have to be willing to do a little grunt work. Many locations are in the Dark Ages technologically. Most importantly, you have to be a people person. REALLY. Weight-loss is an extremely personal endeavor and you have to keep a cool head and a positive attitude in front of members at ALL TIMES. Personally, you have to keep a good work-life balance and know how to play nice with others. Weight Watchers is a business, first and foremost, so recruiting and retaining members is a number one priority. The company is pretty heavy on policy and service consistency so it's probably not the best fit if you're the Lone Ranger type.

To Corporate: Your Territory Managers are GOLD! Treat them well and pay them fairly. Give them the tools (i.e., technology) to do their jobs effectively.

245 Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers (View Most Recent)

Weight Watchers forces employees to take training at minimum wage

Current Employee - Leader in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Leader in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Program, wonderful member interaction, excellent co-workers

Cons

Many required training sessions that are mandatory but paid at minimum wage. Often given during weekends. Lots of ancillary work required that is paid at minimum wage.

Any mandatory training should occur during normally scheduled work hours and should equate to a leader or receptionist's normal rate of pay. Also there should be pay for all the emails we are required to read during the week. Lastly Weight Watchers is a SERVICE. We have never been NOR should we EVER be, let alone refer to ourselves as a STORE. If we are our STORE we reduce our members to consumers. That is an egregious mis-step and I cannot fathom Jean Neidich would agree with this direction the company is taking. Our members are not stupid. They recognize this and we are doomed to lose them.

Most rewarding job I have had in 30 years. Pay doesn't reflect all the work involved.

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent training program. Fun, positive, upbeat co-workers. Great perks--free magazine, ActiveLink, and Member Kit, plus 50% off meeting room products. WW provides leaders with tools, supplies and products for meetings at no charge. Independence--kind of like being your own boss. Full-time insurance benefits are excellent. WW is the best weight-loss/maintenance program--great product.

Cons

Pay at small meetings is minimum wage. Difficult to perform all tasks expected in time allotted at Traveler locations. Can be a lot of uncompensated travel time depending on meeting schedule. Inequitable pay between Traveler and CHAMP locations. Performance standards set with no input from staff expected to achieve them.

Address the inequities between Traveler/CHAMP/Store locations. The number of tasks required in the allotted time for the same pay is way out of line. Let staff have input when setting meeting goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers