Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com
  www.weightwatchers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers forces employees to take training at minimum wage

Current Employee - Leader in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Leader in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Program, wonderful member interaction, excellent co-workers

Cons

Many required training sessions that are mandatory but paid at minimum wage. Often given during weekends. Lots of ancillary work required that is paid at minimum wage.

Any mandatory training should occur during normally scheduled work hours and should equate to a leader or receptionist's normal rate of pay. Also there should be pay for all the emails we are required to read during the week. Lastly Weight Watchers is a SERVICE. We have never been NOR should we EVER be, let alone refer to ourselves as a STORE. If we are our STORE we reduce our members to consumers. That is an egregious mis-step and I cannot fathom Jean Neidich would agree with this direction the company is taking. Our members are not stupid. They recognize this and we are doomed to lose them.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers (View Most Recent)

Most rewarding job I have had in 30 years. Pay doesn't reflect all the work involved.

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent training program. Fun, positive, upbeat co-workers. Great perks--free magazine, ActiveLink, and Member Kit, plus 50% off meeting room products. WW provides leaders with tools, supplies and products for meetings at no charge. Independence--kind of like being your own boss. Full-time insurance benefits are excellent. WW is the best weight-loss/maintenance program--great product.

Cons

Pay at small meetings is minimum wage. Difficult to perform all tasks expected in time allotted at Traveler locations. Can be a lot of uncompensated travel time depending on meeting schedule. Inequitable pay between Traveler and CHAMP locations. Performance standards set with no input from staff expected to achieve them.

Address the inequities between Traveler/CHAMP/Store locations. The number of tasks required in the allotted time for the same pay is way out of line. Let staff have input when setting meeting goals.

I have been a receptionist for 12 years; love my co-workers and seeing the continued success of our members.

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helping others succeed very rewarding; flexible hours; keeping up with current weight loss information helps me continue my success.

Cons

Many new hires very unprofessional and do not view their jobs as careers, hence no buy-in mindset; disturbing trend in ridding the company of older employees borders on age discrimination - in many cases, that tenure, work ethic, and experience is invaluable and should be passed on.

Listen to your employees; many of them have excellent ideas and suggestions. Connect with your employees one-on-one and get to know their strengths and abilities. Vet your choices carefully; just because someone was a dynamic receptionist does not mean they will be that type of leader, manager, etc. Think back when you were a member and new employee and remember what challenges, set-backs, etc. you experienced; be empathetic and sympathetic when appropriate.

There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers