There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

Great Experience

Former Employee - Senior Developer  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great learning environment, forgiving brand, technology forward, online is a respected part of the business.

Cons

Working with only one brand can get monotonous.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers (View Most Recent)

Sad Saga

Current Employee - Leader/Receptionist  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Leader/Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

WW employees like their jobs, we believe in the program

Cons

Employees are treated poorly. There is no seniority. A new employee could walk in and take your position with no explanation. Constantly losing meetings instead of gaining meetings. They won't give you enough hours to get benefits, and it seems that there is no overseeing of the territory managers to see how they treat their employees. They only watch the "numbers."

If you would treat your employees well, they would work so much better for the company. Happy employees makes for a prosperous company.

Inspiring.

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping yourself by helping others. There's a terrific feeling of community contribution. Management doesn't meddle too much, though, obviously, there's a korporate line to toe, but individual creativity is more important than blindly following a korporate "system".

Cons

Very low pay. Don't work here to earn a living unless you want to go into management. Even then, you'd better have a 2 family income. In the area of the U.S. I live in, beginning management (Territory Mgrs.) salaries are 5 to 10 k less than with other companies. // As for receptionists or leader roles at meetings, If you're retired, are drawn to the work by a passion for helping others, or just need a few extra bucks to pad your income, WW's is perfect. Otherwise, don't quit your day job.

Pay more -- minimum pay should be $15.00 per hour in much of the the U.S. Good folks don't come cheap and I experience prospective employees actually laughing at me when I recommend working for WW ... unless, like myself, they don't need the income.

Membership is down, not because of competition, but because there's that *underwhelming* effort among business leaders to attempt systematizing on a company global level (i.e: MacDonalize) what's essentially very intuitive work. // Take a gander at Cosco if you want to systematize profitably -- great profits because of happy folks -- the average salary is around $20.00 per hour. You simply need to shop there to experience how loyal their folks are.

For successful, profitable companies that need intuitive, socially-interactive employees, simply shop at Nordstroms.

There's too much "dumpster talk" about the extremely low pay in WW, and I dislike that kind of behavior, principally because I owned and operated a highly-paid, technically-skilled company with an open-door policy for years; but I don't work at WW because I need the money so am not tempted to talk negatively. I'm able keep focused on the "fun" and avoid the "politics".

I'd also recommend more local advertising using everyday folks (like the guy in the Subway adds ... Jerrod?) rather than celebs. The national stuff may work, and I have no idea of it's ROI, but there's at minimum a negative reaction against the celebs -- especially Jessica Simpson for some reason -- in meetings, and, given a couple bucks locally, I think we could get more men to attend. //

I speak as an experienced business person working part time in corporate America for the first time in 35 years so may be completely out of touch. However, I ran my own business for that 35 years and successfully sold it as my exit strategy. None of the above is complaining or "dumpster talk; my observations are as a business person only. I think WW is a great place to work if you're drawn by the passion of helping others and/or only need a few extra bucks to supplement an existing income. I don't recommend working here if you need to DEPEND on an income unless your goal is to advance to upper management..

There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!