Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com
  www.weightwatchers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

We treat members well , but not employees

Current Employee - Receptionist in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Receptionist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weight Watchers

Pros

Busy meetings, opportunity for good pay, however two tier payscale. Flexible hours, nice co-workers. Members make you feel good for helping them.

Cons

If you can't work you have to find your own sub for a meeting which can be very difficult to do. We are psychologists and life coaches for our members with very low pay for the tasks we perform.

Pay us to compensate for the immense responsibility we have as the "face" of WW. Make us truly feel like members first. Let us put in for days off and management finds subs.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers (View Most Recent)

Barbaric Pay and Unkind Territory management

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Weight Watchers

Pros

Helping members achieve their weight loss goals. It helps to keep presentation and meeting facility skills fresh.

Cons

Very low pay. Basically you receive a flat rate for prepping, leading, after-meeting paperwork, bank deposits, inventory management, contacting members during the week, sending motivational post cards, ... the list goes on. Field management is unsympathic and expects contract workers (that's everyone who interfaces with the members) to give 200%. The pay was not fully explained during the hiring process; it was glossed over and represented as being paid the flat rate for a "hour to an hour-and-a-half meeting." That's about 50% of the job effort and most meetings require 2-hours. I figure that I earn minimum wage when all of the hours are taken into account.

Listen to the feet on the street ... this is where the rubber meets the road ... your leaders and receptionists are the face of Weight Watchers ... the faces I see aren't happy. At some point, this strategy will fail. The problem starts at the top.

Good job but only for a stepping stone

Former Employee - A/R in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - A/R in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Weight Watchers

Pros

friendly co-workers, great location, holidays off

Cons

lay-offs, office layout was odd

Managers I thought were great