There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Research Associate

Current Employee - Research Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Research Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefit and holiday package. Lots of resources and core facilities with exceptional expertise in all fields and easy networking.

Cons

Salary is not conducive to working and living in Manhattan. Career pathway uncertain with academic and tenure track position very hard come by.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College (View Most Recent)

Fanstastic place to work if you consider yourself a lab rat

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Postdoctoral Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time

Pros

Cutting edge research
    Networking opportunities
    Core facilities

Cons

Postdoctoral support (Ithaca postdocs have much better support)
    Career services support
    Housing costs
    Childcare costs and availability

Establish a proper office of postdoctoral affairs. NYU, Columbia, Rockefeller, MSKCC, Einstein and CUNY have them. If you want to retain top talent, spend the money to keep postdocs happy.

A horribe place with very rude people. Obnoxious managers always setting immediate deadlines!

Former Employee - ITS (IT) Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - ITS (IT) Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no cons to this place. Well, maybe only the location of nyc if that could be a pro if you like the city.

Cons

Since its mostly all new yorkers that work in this place, I should have known there were going to be some really rude nasty people with attitudes working here before I took this job. I worked in IT and that just exacerbated the environment a 100 times as the IT department there is not too big and you have to deal with all departments. IT Managers regularly curse you out using foul language, fiance personnel, purchasing and HR departmental people you need to work with in helping them to modify the system complain behind your back about you. IT managers regularly have to set deadlines for functional specs tomorrow (because their managers force the deadline on them). Overall,if your born bred new yorker and are used to people telling you off to your face it might be for you. thank-god I left for JnJ in NJ. Much better cordial friendly people with chill-ax managers and very little stress in the IT dept there with managers who actually want to work with you to finish goals. Also, they rip off you in terms of salary. For example, my salary was $80k when I was working there but when I started working I noticed they only use a 80k base and pay for only 35 hours a week. When I complained to Weil HR they told me your weil hr recruiter should have informed you that we only pay out 35 hour weeks. What a scam, this non-profit is!

cool it with the attitude. don't set unrealistic deadlines that can't be met. try to work with your employees and plan ahead in setting and accomplishing goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College