There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Sometimes exhausting but usually rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back environment. My boss is a great guy and very understanding. Most people are really nice and easy to get along with. Good health benefits.

Cons

Low in diversity. I work in a science lab, and the overwhelming majority of my coworkers are older white men. The pay is decent enough, but raises are very low, and apartments in Ithaca are very expensive.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College (View Most Recent)

Good employer, great benefits

I have been working at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, good atmosphere, good people

Cons

Challenges of most non-profits - salary good , but not great, no bonuses

n/a

Worst Decision I ever made

Current Employee - Finance Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Administrator in New York, NY

Pros

fair compensation,few Staff members are very kind and professional, thats about it- nothing more positive

Cons

There are different areas within the department as well as off site locations. I am currently in an off site location. The department is not a fine tuned machine, and although everything ties into each other, everyone feels that they are a separate entity.
    A finance Administrator is running a billing area, when her job should solely be the budget of the department along with expenses.
    They do not take their employees seriously, nor do they value you as an employee. The cliché "Happy Wife, Happy Life" also applies to the work situation. They do not acknowledge what good is being done, however, they have no problem jumping all over your faults. That I might add only become faults due to their lack of managing correctly.
    I have never been at a job where:
    1. I had an HR rep try to warn me about taking this position because of the reputation this department had. Unbeknownst to me
    2. Your management does not get to know you as an employee or person/support or back you up in situations
    3. That I realized in such a short time period (2 weeks) that it was possibly one of the worst decisions that I could have made.
    4. The coworkers are just as miserable, and you can feel it upon entering into the department.
    5. I am actually not liking what I do anymore because of this place
    There's so much more, but the is the jest of it.

Be more professional