Weill Cornell Medical College

www.med.cornell.edu
  www.med.cornell.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Sometimes exhausting but usually rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back environment. My boss is a great guy and very understanding. Most people are really nice and easy to get along with. Good health benefits.

Cons

Low in diversity. I work in a science lab, and the overwhelming majority of my coworkers are older white men. The pay is decent enough, but raises are very low, and apartments in Ithaca are very expensive.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College (View Most Recent)

Good employer, great benefits

I have been working at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, good atmosphere, good people

Cons

Challenges of most non-profits - salary good , but not great, no bonuses

n/a

Rewarding and collaborative research that truly allows you to develop as a researcher

Current Employee - Research Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Technician in New York, NY

Pros

What I like most about my work at WCMC is the collaborative yet independent nature of the research. I was able to work with various researchers in the WCMC system on very fascinating projects and learned many different lab skills. Additionally, I greatly appreciated the flexibility and independence my supervisors allowed me with my work.

Cons

The HR is rather unresponsive and somewhat disorganized. Several individuals in my department waited weeks to see an adjustment in pay when awarded a raise. However, during the recruiting process, they are quite responsive.

While it is difficult to feel a strong managerial presence when most organization is handled by individual labs, I still think that one way that management could improve work experience would be to be improve the role of HR in managing workers' issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College