Weill Cornell Medical College

www.med.cornell.edu
  www.med.cornell.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Great place to learn and network

Former Employee - Lab Technician  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Lab Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will always be surrounded by very intelligent and hard working people here. They are all very eager to share their enthusiasm about science and happy to take in interns and volunteers. You won't just scratch the surface, you will learn the ins and out of projects and become very involved with the tasks at hand. Great place to learn.

Cons

Pay is not the best, as they are often struggling to get funding from the NIH. Many are let go for this reason and volunteers are used to replace the techs until more funding comes in.

Better Budgeting.

103 Other Employee Reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College (View Most Recent)

Tread Carefully

Former Employee - Senior Medical Secretary  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Medical Secretary in New York, NY

I worked at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fair compensation, great benefits. And all in all, they take great care of the patients-- NOT their employees. Other than that this place is pretty much horrible.

Cons

Poor management, lack of proper training, lack of proper review.

Working for this company was the worst decision of my professional career. They paint a pretty picture of a company that cares and puts their employees first. But in reality it is a lot of politics. I never received a formal review from this place, and was given a "lateral promotion" within two months of my starting because they were so "pleased" with my performance. Little did I know I would have twice the responsibility with out an increase in pay and ultimately be held accountable for the actions (or lack there of) of my coworkers. This place is a joke. Not only that, but when I attempted to file a formal complaint for the harassment I was subjected to from my manager, HR "discouraged" me as it would drastically affect my job.

This place is no good. I left a wonderful job for the "opportunities" this place was willing to give me. Please. Six months and I couldn't take another moment in that place.

Enter at your own risk.

You need to stop trying to cover your own behinds and learn to treat your employees with more respect. There is a reason this place is so miserable to work in. You take advantage of people and that isn't right. Learn to select managers that possess the interpersonal skills to be able to supervise accordingly and not undermine your workers.

Sometimes exhausting but usually rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Weill Cornell Medical College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Laid back environment. My boss is a great guy and very understanding. Most people are really nice and easy to get along with. Good health benefits.

Cons

Low in diversity. I work in a science lab, and the overwhelming majority of my coworkers are older white men. The pay is decent enough, but raises are very low, and apartments in Ithaca are very expensive.

There are newer employer reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Worked for Weill Cornell Medical College? Contribute to the Community!