There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets

Family Oriented Company

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Selinsgrove, PA
Current Employee - Pharmacist in Selinsgrove, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Care about their employees, been around over 100 years, never do layoffs, promote from within and from outside, always looking to improve without penny pincing

Cons

they only have locations in PA, MD, West VA, and NJ. Stores use more manualmdevices than technology devices

158 Other Employee Reviews for Weis Markets (View Most Recent)

Paid the bills.

Former Employee - Overnight Leader in Newton, NJ
    Former Employee - Overnight Leader in Newton, NJ

I worked at Weis Markets

Pros

Flexible schedule; hours are good

Cons

Some bad egg employees to deal with

Mind Games

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Bangor, PA
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Bangor, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets

Pros

A lot of my friends worked there at the time...
    The few and far between kind customers.

Cons

I worked in the produce section for about a year, My first 3 days on the job should have been enough to send me running. After countless videos about customer care and how unions are practically the devil, Unbeknownst to me for my very first shift I was scheduled to work alone, luckily I arrived early and there was an older man (not the manager) just finishing his shift and if it wasn't for him, I would have had NO idea what to do, what I was allowed to put out, etc. The manager did apologize the next time she saw me.

Still being in High school I occasionally requested days off on account of major projects, or after school functions, however I did so no less then 2 weeks in advance, every time I did so, the manager played games with my hours. I typically worked a 4 hour shift, 4-5 days a week. The week or so leading up to or just after my requested day off she would cut me down to just one day a week.

The handful of times I worked morning shift, with the manager, she would often praise my work but then complain that I worked too fast, it should not take half my shift to stack apples.

The first and only time I called in sick was ridiculous, I called the front desk and spoke to a manager as the produce manager wasn't in, I was told they would contact her so she could find someone to cover my shift. They never told her, I returned to work the next day to a nasty letter written on a sticky note about how irresponsible I was for not getting my work done. That was also the day I quit.

Managers need better communication skills.
    Manager's need to be better trained at respecting and leading other's.

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets