Dairy Department

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Binghamton, NY
Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at Weis Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nature of work, Communication with customers, upkeep of section. Fulfilling employment.

Cons

Management here does not thank you for a job well done. They walk all over you. In this market for what the job is they actually complain about paying someone 9 dollars an hour. Businesses like Aldi and Price Right will hire you to do even less for a higher wage.

Advice to Management

Act like you care about your employees. You wold retain more of them by simply telling the truth. Treat them with respect and stop dangling carrots in front of their faces.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Has really gone downhill within the past year

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No matter what store, you will always find employees that care about their jobs, despite the management issue.

Cons

Management is just awful. They never look at anything from from the employee point of view and when it comes to money you will be screwed beyond belief.

Advice to Management

Upper management need to leave the employees alone and learn to look at it from the view of the workers. Everybody from the upper levels comes to the store (#125) trying to prove a point that they can manage and IT SCREWS IT UP. Another major problem is the cutting of hours to employees, especially the encouragement to cut hours. This company could be tripling it's profits if it took care of it's employees with higher starting wages, better benefits for part time and a better allowance of hours. I know for certain that if i were able to make at least ends meet working at your store (which i cant with $40 a week paychecks) I would care and be inspired to work fast and to be a better employee. Our manager recently bought a new Cadillac with his $25k bonus while i had to sell my much less expensive car and ride my bike due to the hours im getting. There is no equal distribution of money and there is no order or logic in the minds of the manager trainees sent to this store, it really makes me sad sometimes....

2. Ok company

Former Employee - Stocker in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Stocker in Allentown, PA

I worked at Weis Markets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, management, workload, pace, salary

Cons

Holidays when you would have to work.