Weis Markets

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets

Dairy Department

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Binghamton, NY
Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at Weis Markets full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nature of work, Communication with customers, upkeep of section. Fulfilling employment.

Cons

Management here does not thank you for a job well done. They walk all over you. In this market for what the job is they actually complain about paying someone 9 dollars an hour. Businesses like Aldi and Price Right will hire you to do even less for a higher wage.

Act like you care about your employees. You wold retain more of them by simply telling the truth. Treat them with respect and stop dangling carrots in front of their faces.

175 Other Employee Reviews for Weis Markets (View Most Recent)

It's a simple job, but don't expect much.

Former Employee - Stocker in Bloomsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Stocker in Bloomsburg, PA

I worked at Weis Markets part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with interesting people.
    Simple jobs.
    Not a lot of responsibility.

Cons

Management has little ability to manage. Management only cares about themselves. Store has been going downhill for awhile.

Horrible experience

Current Employee - Cashier in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- You get the occasional nice customer who goes always comes through your register because they like talking to you.
    - Most of the other cashiers are nice and willing to help.
    - When you work in the morning they play an oldies station and it's nice compared to music from today.
    - You get paid weekly.

Cons

For the most part, I hate my job at Weis and the only reason I have stuck around for so long (6 months) is because I consistently got the 30 hours I ask for in a week, but now because of the new store manager who is rude and doesn't respect anyone, they have cut my hours down drastically. I went from 30 to 12 hours. When I called off for a surprise party for me aunt (something I have never done before) the manager told me whatever and hung up. I'm sorry, but that is disrespectful and if the attitude of the manager doesn't change and I continue to get little hours, I'm going to quit. I feel like I'm constantly walking on egg shells around the managers and the front end monitors.
    That's another thing, the front end monitors think they have way more power than they do.
    As an introvert, this job drains my energy, and I understand that this is retail and I don't exactly expect my job to be easy, but the fact that Weis only gives you a 10 minute break is beyond me. They pay minimum wage and every week I'm under 200 dollars, at my last job I worked less hours and made more money.
    If you

If you continue to be rude, your employees will all quit.

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets