Weis Markets

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets

Not to bad

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Binghamton, NY
Former Employee - Night Stocker in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Weis Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy, independent work...no one breathing down your neck

Cons

Locked in a store at night, can't get out until manager shows up in the morning

Don't lock the door, trust your employees

173 Other Employee Reviews for Weis Markets (View Most Recent)

Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Weis Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees can be very nice and weekly paychecks. It is not bad as a first job and cashier shifts become very easy.

Cons

There a many different levels of management and they all have conflicting views on what should be done in each section. The drastic decrease in budget limits the employees in each department and has customers complaining often. Many workers are required to do multiple jobs without a small pay raise. Many workers who are not able to meet the incredibly high demands have to work off the clock and are not compensated or they face termination.

Treat employees like they are valued and let them know when they have done a good job. Different levels of management should become organized and create reasonable expactations or provide more employees in each department.

Skeleton crew, cut hours, no OT

Current Employee - Leader in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Leader in State College, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being able to work with some incredibly driven people.

Cons

The expectations of the upper level management are grossly unreasonable. The stores are short handed, we need help. We need more hours to give employees, and we need more employees to satisfy our needs. We need OT to get the job done, but we're not getting that. I've seen department managers clock out and do double shifts, and this happens almost daily for some of them. We've even gotten a memo to "not complain about the lack of help or hours." This is beyond unreasonable, Weis is not the place for anyone looking for a FT position. They will run you ragged and you'll be bullied by your co-workers if you don't go the extra mile to satisfy Dave Hepfinger or any of his lackies. I respect local businesses and business owners, but what Weis expects out of it's employees is borderline criminal.

Bottom line is this. Weis is not a name you want on your resume. They are a bad investment of your time, and frankly you're worth more than what they're paying. I'll be bailing ship asap.

You have some great management talent in some of your stores, and by screwing them out of hours or help you're burning them out. You're expanding too much without fortifying the stores that are doing well, and then you come into the stores fully aware that they are struggling and you expect people to keep it to themselves. You are creating an overly stressful working environment that inevitably hurts the customer because they can't get efficient service because the employees don't have the help or time to do their jobs correctly. The problem isn't your help, it's you.

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets