Weis Markets

www.weismarkets.com
There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets

I would not want it any other way

Current Employee - Bakery Associate in Shamokin Dam, PA
Current Employee - Bakery Associate in Shamokin Dam, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company works with my busy schedule and "second life." The manager of my department is more understanding than any manager I have ever had. If you do your job, there are no worries. I definately don't need to worry about getting stabbed in the back by her. We all have stressful days, but this department is still a great team and I would not want to work in any other department. We work AS A TEAM to get the job done. It's very fulfilling. I always look forward to working with the "boss"and the "bakery master."

Cons

Let me try to think of a con when working in this department. Oh wait, I can't think of any. =)

Please keep doing what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with this department.

175 Other Employee Reviews for Weis Markets (View Most Recent)

FrontEnd Supervisor

Current Employee - Front End Supervisor in Clarks Summit, PA
    Current Employee - Front End Supervisor in Clarks Summit, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not on register most days. That's about it. Company is flexible with hours if you are a college student. However, this is just because they try to limit as many hours as possible to give employees so store manager and assistant store manager get a bonus. Impossible to get fired. Even if the person really should be and hinders operations.

Cons

Hours are terrible. I've had shifts where I closed at 11 at night and was expected in at 6 in the morning. They don't pay overtime. However, they yell if you leave without completing your, and sometimes your co-workers, work. Being mid management means your responsible for everyone, even what you don't have control over. Hours get cut horribly when management wants a bonus. You can't survive off this job. As a college student, there's times I don't get enough to even pay mediocre weekly expenses. Wage increase nearly nonexistent. Its an extra 40 cents for the promotion, and they start at minimum. 15 cents yearly after that. For cashiers and stock its even worse. No vacation, holiday pay, or overtime pay (even if you work the hours) for part time employees. Options for full time nearly nonexistent. As a supervisor I'm still part time. Management constantly yells, never steps up to help, and hides. They will stand there and yell at you to help a customer while you're with another customer, rather than do something themselves. Shifts can be extremely long or extremely short. I've had a 3 hour shift before, and a 10 hr shift. This is with open availability. There are times they will schedule 12 days in a row. Store never staffed correctly. There is never enough people, but management always piles on what they want done. Management is required to change every 3 years. No stability. Customers always unhappy.

Have you ever tried working on your own floors? Try it. And how about not slashing our hours so you can get a couple thousand bonus? We have bills, too. And stop yelling and do some work. Ever hear of communication? At least try to earn your salaries and positions....

Finally Gone

Former Employee - Management in Selinsgrove, PA
    Former Employee - Management in Selinsgrove, PA

I worked at Weis Markets as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Weekly Paycheck ,great employees that support each other

Cons

After working for this company for many years they finally found a way to get rid of me.The employees support each other both the upper management tends to make everyone feel threatened and employees do not trust the company as a whole .A store manager has no real control because every Supervisor and D M and all other "important suit" that comes into the store moves everything and spends all their time criticizing everything but never a good word about all the hard work the team does.

Learn to be grateful for the great employee and talent that you have they are the reason you are getting your astronomical paychecks.Learn to lead by example not by acting like you look down on everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets