Weis Markets

www.weismarkets.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets

I would not want it any other way

Current Employee - Bakery Associate in Shamokin Dam, PA
Current Employee - Bakery Associate in Shamokin Dam, PA

I have been working at Weis Markets part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company works with my busy schedule and "second life." The manager of my department is more understanding than any manager I have ever had. If you do your job, there are no worries. I definately don't need to worry about getting stabbed in the back by her. We all have stressful days, but this department is still a great team and I would not want to work in any other department. We work AS A TEAM to get the job done. It's very fulfilling. I always look forward to working with the "boss"and the "bakery master."

Cons

Let me try to think of a con when working in this department. Oh wait, I can't think of any. =)

Please keep doing what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with this department.

179 Other Employee Reviews for Weis Markets (View Most Recent)

Not to bad

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Night Stocker in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Weis Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy, independent work...no one breathing down your neck

Cons

Locked in a store at night, can't get out until manager shows up in the morning

Don't lock the door, trust your employees

Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Weis Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees can be very nice and weekly paychecks. It is not bad as a first job and cashier shifts become very easy.

Cons

There a many different levels of management and they all have conflicting views on what should be done in each section. The drastic decrease in budget limits the employees in each department and has customers complaining often. Many workers are required to do multiple jobs without a small pay raise. Many workers who are not able to meet the incredibly high demands have to work off the clock and are not compensated or they face termination.

Treat employees like they are valued and let them know when they have done a good job. Different levels of management should become organized and create reasonable expactations or provide more employees in each department.

There are newer employer reviews for Weis Markets