Welch's
www.welchs.com Concord, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

I never felt valued by upper management as an employee for my knowledge and contributions to the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Lawton, MI

I worked at Welch's full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe pay and benefits were great for the area. A lot of the employees were close friends and after awhile they became extended family.

ConsToo much overtime and a seemingly lack of concern for family and quality of life outside of work by management. Always felt as if we weren't valued as people but rather only as bodies to run machines.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in the shoes of your employees. Do their job for a week, forced and last minute overtime included. Talk to them and treat them as if they are family. After all, you spend as much daily time with them as you do with your family. Listen to them, don't just hear them talk. They have a lot of pride and have a lot to contribute to the success of the company.

There is only one way, the Welch Way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Welch's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great Benefits for exempt and non-exempt individuals Cons: While the company is progressive when it comes to benefits, probably because it is headquartered in MA, it was the most sexist company I have… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up to the inequity in salaries and treatment of women or you might find yourself in a lawsuit someday. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

From lean to bone

Drone (Former Employee)
Concord, MA

I worked at Welch's

Pros: Great, dedicated people who really believe in what the brand name means to their family and community, more so than the management does it seems.… Cons: There's only so much "lean" you can take before you start to cut to the bone. Top level management changed so often it was a… Advice to Senior Management: Stop listening to third parties and lead the company, that is what the leadership team is supposed to do. Pay more attention to the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Welch's.

Worked for Welch's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Welch's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Welch's CEO Brad Irwin. All reviews posted anonymously by Welch's employees.