There are newer employer reviews for Welch's

Stay Away

I have been working at Welch's

Pros

Location (near Boston), nice colleagues, good brand equity, reasonable pay and benefits package, very few other CPG options in Boston

Cons

Welch's lacks the resources of a smaller CPG but is surprisingly slow to market for its size - the worst of a large and a small company, all rolled in one

Advice to Management

Empower your people. Allow them to make and own recommendations, without fear of backlash when those recommendations aren't popular. Put yourself in your employees' shoes.

reviews filtered by

Caveat emptor - Welch's could be great.....but isn't, and won't get there soon.

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Welch's

Pros

Work/life balance, though this has slipped considerably in last couple of years (2007/2008). Lots of people have left the company in last 18 months due to the bad environment here.

Cons

Very challenging business conditions - run by a cooperative of grape growers who are focused on very short-term profits; very limited ability to invest in upgrades to infrastructure that are very badly needed. Extremely limited in ability to invest in supporting the business (advertising/promotions/new products).

Advice to Management

Empower your employees to do more -they are willing, capable people who care. Get out of the way and let them do their jobs.

2. An educational and enriching experience.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Welch's as an intern

Pros

My supervisor trusted me to work on my own, I was given valuable tasks that made a difference to the company, and the people I worked with were friendly and helpful professionals who made me feel like I was a real member of their team.

Cons

The biggest con was that the staff was largely unfamiliar with new technology, so that I found myself having to repeatedly explain how to use the company software even as I was still learning how to use it.

Advice to Management

It felt like there was a lot of distance between the departments and between management and the employees, so fostering the growth of communication and friendships within the company might make employees more relaxed and open to collaboration.

There are newer employer reviews for Welch's