WellCare

www.wellcare.com
  www.wellcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for WellCare

Only if you can't find something else

I worked at WellCare

Pros

It's a health insurance company and one of the few that is still hiring in this recession. If you can get over the long night and week-end shifts, you can get exposure to a pretty good amount of technologies and you can get to know some capable consultants and architects.

Cons

I worked in the IT group. Lots of work at night (some of it unnecessary and most of it unpaid), incompetent mid level management and lack of vision on projects execution. Lack of respect for people doing the work and a lot of unproductive finger pointing and back-stabbing. Some PMs absolutely terrible, with no understanding of technology at all. Lots of management and staff turn over as well.

Start to value and respect people and you will have less turn over.

160 Other Employee Reviews for WellCare (View Most Recent)

Job Insecurity, Every few months large groups of people anyone from A VP to clerks to entire departments are laid off

Current Employee - Claims Specialist Senior in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist Senior in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Benefits are better than most Insurance Companies I have worked for recently

Cons

Everyone from VP's on down try to protect their positions by proving their abilities and importance. It makes everyone watch their backs and step on everyone else. Sad. But it is a job!

Constant change does not strengthen a company. A year is not long enough to learn an individuals potential when their achievements are credited to others in positions of management trying to protect themselves.

Thrilling at times yet ultimately a huge disapointment!!!!!!

I worked at WellCare

Pros

Technology, Some really great and smart people at positions below manager. I really loved working with my peers. Great group of guys and gals. There are some good managers and some who want to be good, I had a good one but he left and we were stuck with a big company reject.

Cons

Some management(not all) strives to get promoted on the backs of others. A recient manager didn't manage our group...he spent all there time trying to impress leadership so they could get promoted. FYI Wellcare is looking to outsource a significant majority of IT to India. Look at technologies that are being implemented to make the workforce mobile. Trust me on this!!!!! It makes financial sense for them because its good for the bottom line. They will deny this....Look at their actions. Look at what they are doing.

My Exit Interview. restore the HR ideal of "Work Life Balance". It does not exist in Wellcare IT perhaps it does for the rest of the company.
    *****Really investigate IT management*****. You can spot the problems areas, just look for recient departures and you will find the poor management. Look at the performance ratings of the departing employees. Look for a manager and a director who have previously been repremanded for conduct or accused of bad conduct.
    Where there is smoke there is fire or you can wait for someone else to leave and tell you the same information I am.
    - Stop listening too those who talk the loudest, spend time listening to those who do their jobs.
    - Look at the performance of the teams and attribute it to the team.
    - Stop making decisions based on the majority rule. Empower your team members to make decisions and carry them out.

There are newer employer reviews for WellCare