WellCare
www.wellcare.com Tampa, FL 5000+ Employees

The environment was great to work with.

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsCompensation was comparable to the market conditions. Performance Bonus. Spacious cubicles. In house cafe with game room (pool table, table tennis, etc...).

ConsLong working hours.
Not flexible enough for telecommuters.
Micro management.
Not much training oppotrunities.
Too many managers.
opportunities for growth is limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage telecommuting for individuals who are travelling the extra mile to get to work. This will save time and energy. Improve the training opportunities.

Only if you can't find something else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at WellCare

Pros: It's a health insurance company and one of the few that is still hiring in this recession. If you can get over the long night… Cons: I worked in the IT group. Lots of work at night (some of it unnecessary and most of it unpaid), incompetent mid level management and… Advice to Senior Management: Start to value and respect people and you will have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Job Insecurity, Every few months large groups of people anyone from A VP to clerks to entire departments are laid off

Claims Specialist Senior (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare

Pros: Benefits are better than most Insurance Companies I have worked… Cons: Everyone from VP's on down try to protect their positions by proving their abilities and importance. It… Advice to Senior Management: Constant change does not strengthen a company. A year is not long enough to learn an… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on WellCare.

Worked for WellCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellCare CEO Dave Gallitano. All reviews posted anonymously by WellCare employees.