Not Worth the Aggravation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

The pay is great, however, perhaps that's how they lure people in and to put up with the B.S. The good managers are few and far between. Fellow colleagues make the days bearable to get through.

Cons

Change is good - constant change, not so much. (Makes you feel like you constantly have to look over your shoulder and wonder if you're the next to get let go). The staff morale is horrible in the building I work in; no one is happy. Evaluations are a joke; I don't feel like my role is important. Upper management / VPs hardly acknowledge you or take the time to get to know you or your function (important at such a huge company). The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Very disorganized. Took the job out of necessity but have been looking for another job since Day 1. Can't wait to give my notice (and trust me, there are many, many more like me).

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in all of your amigos from a previous company you worked for; doesn't send a good message. And HR, get a clue and DO SOMETHING about the morale - isn't that part of your purpose? Get in tune with us and follow up on the silly survey you sent out two months ago.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Everyone is friendly. Management is always available and eager to help. Lots of social events and other little things to break the monotony. Pay seems competitive and time off is incouraged.

Cons

Databases and IT practices are a mess. Business practices can be confusing. WellCare answers to the state's Department of Community Health. State can have unrealistic expectations and don't seem to know what they want... they just want something and what you gave them isn't what they want.

Advice to Management

None at this time

Fair

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Very pleasant work environment and fairness by co workers.

Cons

Career growth and salary not very good