WellCare
www.wellcare.com Tampa, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Morale is AWFUL!!!

I have been working at WellCare

ProsCompetitive salary, decent benefits. Pay is among the top in the area, but don't expect much in terms of raises or promotions. Bonuses are good as well. There is a nice gym. That's it.

ConsPoorly managed. Leadership is severely lacking. There is more backbiting and finger-pointing than team-building. Everyone feels like they are in the dark. Wellcare's has no choice but to pay a competitive salary because it's one of the only benefits of working there. Problem is, retention is very low. Most of the people I work with see no future at Wellcare and are only waiting for a better opportunity to come along before they jump ship. There is no opportunity for growth because promotions are based on who you know and not what you know. In a better economy, Wellcare will see an exodus of employees. The low morale is infectious. I'm guessing even Tony Robbins would be frustrated working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuess what...YOU are the problem! Log onto glassdoor.com and read the reviews about your company. They've been negative for YEARS! Do something about it and stop insulting everyone's intelligence by giving the impression that serious issues don't exist. Get down off your high horses and address the elephant in the room! Graphs and pie charts about quarterly growth mean little to the guy who's slaving away to get you there, but still isn't sure where his future with the company stands. Poll your employees and ask them what they really think.

Great Place to Work

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at WellCare

Pros: If you apply your-self, Wellcare can be a great place to work. There are great benefits and many opportunities to make a name for… Cons: Some Micro management Bad cross communication Advice to Senior Management: Learn to balance your own life before asking your employee's to give of themselves more. Some of us have families, so when I'm giving… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible

Full of Incompetent Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at WellCare

Pros: Competitive pay, good benefits that's it! Cons: Lack of communication, incompetent management, no work/life balance. WORSE… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know your employees and their job duties! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on WellCare.

Worked for WellCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellCare CEO Dave Gallitano. All reviews posted anonymously by WellCare employees.