WellCare

www.wellcare.com

The MarCom Department rocked!

Former Employee - Copywriter/Editor  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Copywriter/Editor in Tampa, FL

Pros

I worked there as a temp during their busy seasonal rush to publish customer information for the annual open enrollment period. My job title was copywriter/editor. It was the best job ever. And I've had a lot of jobs. The department leadership were professional, supportive, and creative. They welcomed my hard work and innovative thinking. First time ever that a corporation took me seriously and recognized my value. In all, I loved working there.

Cons

It was a temp position, and I was hired through a temp agency, so there was disparity on pay. Temps who were hired through another agency made several dollars an hour more than I did, even though I had more experience and a stronger work ethic. I will say though, that they had permanent positions opening up all the time, and I was encouraged to apply. I did apply for the permanent version of my job, but the competition was strong. They hired someone who had a longer relationship with the company.

Keep doing what you are doing. One thing I would change if I were you is to locate your temps closer to the people they are supposed to be supporting. Being isolated made it harder to keep on the same page with project managers.

Other reviews for WellCare

No Integrity

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Tampa, FL

Pros

The day you leave Wellcare.

Cons

No growth from within. People leave and come back to get paid what they're worth.

Stop promoting your friends. Promote based on education and job skills.

Run from this company

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Paychecks are regular and PTO is ample. Not much to say about pros. Can work from home in most positions. Good medical benefits, but you pay fopr them at a high premium.

Cons

Everything...worst supervisors ever, all cliques and games, nothing is ever positive, just look for negatives. Rules regarding exempt employees should be the same for asll exempt employees, not at the discretion of the supervisors whether or not time taken for a Dr appointment should be made up or not. Not addressed in the Handbook, left to each department to decide who what how why and when.

Learn to do the job you are supervising and try to encourage your employees, recognize excellent work and reward it. Don't choose who to promote based on personal likes or avoid because of jealousy. Try to smile now and then. Worst is targetting certain employees because they do their job very well and pose a threat. Supervisors should not have less education then their staff.

There are newer employer reviews for WellCare.

Worked for WellCare? Contribute to the Community!