There are newer employer reviews for WellCare

Complete Turnaround

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WellCare has embarked down a completely different leadership path, starting with the termination of most of the C levels. The company culture has shifted to one of extreme micro-management to more of a collaborative environment. There is still work to be done, but I feel like we are FINALLY going the right direction.

Cons

IT is still a mess, but the new CIO has a good long-term strategy to get us to where we need to be. Growing pains will remain for some time in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep cutting out the mediocrity in management and promote from within.

reviews filtered by

Wish I could give them 'minus stars'.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Frankfort, KY
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Frankfort, KY

I worked at WellCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of a thing.

Cons

This applies only to the Louisville, KY, office. In a word: DISHONEST. I responded to a job posting that sounded perfect for me. Went through one telephone interview and 3 in-person interviews where the duties and scope of job was discussed in detail. I accepted employment, and reported for work.
    To make a long story short: the company posted a job that did not exist, and what they posted was not the job they hoped to create with the state's approval. I spent 3 months commuting over 100 miles a day to sit and do NOTHING except be lied to AND investigating what was going on about my position.
    They lied about the duties, they lied about the location, and they lied about even having the authority to hire me at all.
    I finally got them to admit the whole situation was a scam. From the 'mistake' of posting the job too early, they lied to me because I had the unique skill set they wanted to keep me around while waiting for Kentucky to authorize the position.
    You have been warned...................

Advice to Management

To corporate in Tampa: keep an eye on your management outside of Tampa.

2. One of the best places I have worked!

Former Contractor - Clerical Assist in Kapolei, HI
    Former Contractor - Clerical Assist in Kapolei, HI

I worked at WellCare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There were diverse cultures represented there, and all age groups. That's what I liked the most. The office staff were professional and respectful of one another. Noise was kept at a minimum. There were always potlucks, birthday celebrations, baby shower celebrations, bake sales going on.

Cons

Getting security access to certain programs took a very long time which would hinder temporary postions where help was sent for only a short duration of time.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management would be this: Speeding up the process to getting security access would help your company get more of the "back-logs" of work caught up much quicker.

There are newer employer reviews for WellCare