There are newer employer reviews for WellCare

Work you to death, little pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and it's a job. However, that's all I can say. You have a pretty good opportunity for paid time off. Trust me, you'll want to use it as you will eventually hate the company.

Cons

This is an incredibly negative work environment. Many workers will talk the company up TO GET THE REFERRAL BONUS. They are constantly cutting costs and staff to make life miserable for employees. The company grows but they don't hire. They have nearly no employee incentives for good work. I have never heard anyone, besides management, say they enjoyed working for the company.

Advice to Management

Support your employees. The company is always built from the bottom up, and without that support there is no company. I've worked here for years and I don't feel appreciated at all. The HR department needs work. Employees feel as if nothing they do is good or appreciated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Wish I could give them 'minus stars'.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Frankfort, KY
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Frankfort, KY

I worked at WellCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of a thing.

Cons

This applies only to the Louisville, KY, office. In a word: DISHONEST. I responded to a job posting that sounded perfect for me. Went through one telephone interview and 3 in-person interviews where the duties and scope of job was discussed in detail. I accepted employment, and reported for work. To make a long story short: the company posted a job that did not exist, and what they posted was not the job they hoped to create with the state's approval. I spent 3 months commuting over 100 miles a day to sit and do NOTHING except be lied to AND investigating what was going on about my position. They lied about the duties, they lied about the location, and they lied about even having the authority to hire me at all. I finally got them to admit the whole situation was a scam. From the 'mistake' of posting the job too early, they lied to me because I had the unique skill set they wanted to keep me around while waiting for Kentucky to authorize the position. You have been warned...................

Advice to Management

To corporate in Tampa: keep an eye on your management outside of Tampa.

Complete Turnaround

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WellCare has embarked down a completely different leadership path, starting with the termination of most of the C levels. The company culture has shifted to one of extreme micro-management to more of a collaborative environment. There is still work to be done, but I feel like we are FINALLY going the right direction.

Cons

IT is still a mess, but the new CIO has a good long-term strategy to get us to where we need to be. Growing pains will remain for some time in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep cutting out the mediocrity in management and promote from within.