WellCare

www.wellcare.com
  www.wellcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for WellCare

Work you to death, little pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and it's a job. However, that's all I can say. You have a pretty good opportunity for paid time off. Trust me, you'll want to use it as you will eventually hate the company.

Cons

This is an incredibly negative work environment. Many workers will talk the company up TO GET THE REFERRAL BONUS. They are constantly cutting costs and staff to make life miserable for employees. The company grows but they don't hire. They have nearly no employee incentives for good work. I have never heard anyone, besides management, say they enjoyed working for the company.

Support your employees. The company is always built from the bottom up, and without that support there is no company. I've worked here for years and I don't feel appreciated at all. The HR department needs work. Employees feel as if nothing they do is good or appreciated.

163 Other Employee Reviews for WellCare (View Most Recent)

Stuck in middle management slaving away

Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WellCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for IT and Finance. Lots of opportunity for advancement due to high turnover at management levels. Flexible schedule, decent benefits.

Cons

New senior management cares little about people. Work you to death and then lay you off. If your not Caucasian you don't stand a chance in IT, sadly this is supported by HR. You're not judged on performance or results, rather your charm, politicking and skin color. Very hostile cut throat work environment.

Sell the company already, what are you waiting for?

Complete Turnaround

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WellCare has embarked down a completely different leadership path, starting with the termination of most of the C levels. The company culture has shifted to one of extreme micro-management to more of a collaborative environment. There is still work to be done, but I feel like we are FINALLY going the right direction.

Cons

IT is still a mess, but the new CIO has a good long-term strategy to get us to where we need to be. Growing pains will remain for some time in this area.

Keep cutting out the mediocrity in management and promote from within.

There are newer employer reviews for WellCare