There are newer employer reviews for WellCare

Thrilling at times yet ultimately a huge disapointment!!!!!!

I worked at WellCare

Pros

Technology, Some really great and smart people at positions below manager. I really loved working with my peers. Great group of guys and gals. There are some good managers and some who want to be good, I had a good one but he left and we were stuck with a big company reject.

Cons

Some management(not all) strives to get promoted on the backs of others. A recient manager didn't manage our group...he spent all there time trying to impress leadership so they could get promoted. FYI Wellcare is looking to outsource a significant majority of IT to India. Look at technologies that are being implemented to make the workforce mobile. Trust me on this!!!!! It makes financial sense for them because its good for the bottom line. They will deny this....Look at their actions. Look at what they are doing.

Advice to Management

My Exit Interview. restore the HR ideal of "Work Life Balance". It does not exist in Wellcare IT perhaps it does for the rest of the company.
*****Really investigate IT management*****. You can spot the problems areas, just look for recient departures and you will find the poor management. Look at the performance ratings of the departing employees. Look for a manager and a director who have previously been repremanded for conduct or accused of bad conduct.
Where there is smoke there is fire or you can wait for someone else to leave and tell you the same information I am.
- Stop listening too those who talk the loudest, spend time listening to those who do their jobs.
- Look at the performance of the teams and attribute it to the team.
- Stop making decisions based on the majority rule. Empower your team members to make decisions and carry them out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good salary + Commisions, but lack of support makes things real difficult, your basically on your own with getting leads

Current Employee - Benefit Consultant in North Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Benefit Consultant in North Haven, CT

I have been working at WellCare

Pros

Good team of people there to work with. Good benefits, if you like being out on the feild instead of stuck in the office, this is a great position, you are in a staff meeting like once a week.

Cons

Always wondering if next month will be your last. performance reviews are constant, even if the market as a whole is down, you are looked upon to maintain a high level of sales. Team sales goals are a joke. Goals are not realistic.

Advice to Management

Advertise more in your local markets. Name branding is so important.

Deceit is standard operating procedure

I worked at WellCare

Pros

Pay is good, location good

Cons

Habitual liars do well
    "Perception management" above all else
    If a manager does not like a subordinate, even one with many years of great service, I have seen several cases of people being "managed out"
    Finding a "reason" to fire people seems to have replaced layoffs as a practice.
    HR serves as a management support system with a mission to cover for abusive managers

Advice to Management

Try instilling the golden rule "do unto others" in the management culture.