WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

I felt that I was not treated appropriately and I felt that my managers were chosen without appropriate expertise.

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere were exceptional staff members, who were very good and experienced in assisting hospital staff when reviewing care.

ConsConversely, some associates were not very adept in assisting in ameliorating behavioral issues. They seemed to push more for medication, rather than case management, psychotherapy and family interventions.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the expertise of associates, who have experience in various areas of treatment when authorizing care for the members.

Getting worse

Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: They pay is good and you have vacation Cons: The company never follows through,they purchase the worst programs that never come live. They have sooo many… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring them on resumes only, interview them if they score low don't hire them.Get rid of all the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mostly OK, lots of reorgs, very tough actuarial program

Actuarial Analyst II (Current Employee)
Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Lots of different opportunities to see all sides of the… Cons: Frequent reorganizations. Very tough actuarial program that terminates employment… Advice to Senior Management: Less reorg. More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.