WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Do NOT Contract for them, and don't agree to work for them unless you're in management (and not even then!)

Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at WellPoint as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsFun environment, GREAT benefits if hired full time and GREAT company environment with many fun days and activities.

ConsOperates like a sinking ship. Went through 3 CEOs in my short time there. TOO MANY shakeups at the upper level, will axe and rehire large amounts of workers seemingly random, now offshoring large parts of the lower levels of the company overseas (Antigua, Argentina, Manila, Panama, India, Uruguay and more) and its now depressing to walk in the once bustling buildings that are now ghost halls.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo communication. Not even to other management teams. Axed the whole IT dept stateside, moved it to Uruguay and noone was sure what was going on aside HR.

Good besides the fact that they restructure the company every 2 years and cannot seem to stay on one path

Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have a lot of work at home jobs... Working at… Cons: Company restructuring and constant worry of being laid off (position… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a plan that works and stick to it and… More

Great Place to Learn

Information Technology Intern II (Former Employee)
Woodland, CA

I worked at WellPoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Great place that allows learning - Willingness to give interns… Cons: - The current work force is older, so if you are expecting to find someone under… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage better training for interns and a mentor program would… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.