WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Generally good place to work, but very stressful environment.

I have been working at WellPoint

ProsGreat people, generally good management, salary OK, decent benefits and good opportunity for growth.

ConsCulture changes, industry is in flux, very stressful work environment, unstable organizational changes. The healthcare industry is experiencing challenging times, so it will take grit and perseverance to successfully navigate through the coming changes over the next several years. WellPoint is positioning itself for those challenges and it is a stressful environment for its employees. Administrative efficiency and cost reductions have taken a toll on its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI work with with some excellent, talented individuals; unfortunately, some have or are thinking about leaving the Company due to burn-out. I truly hope that senior management is monitoring employee retention.

Great pay and benefits

Business Change Director (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The company offers great pay, benefits, and has a great diversity program. They… Cons: It has become very large and the politics have grown with it. Strategy planning seems to start in June but is not solidified until… Advice to Senior Management: Decrease process as it impedes progress Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company

Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee)
Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Very Clean Office Environment - No Sales (in my position) - People are very positive and encouraging… Cons: - Starting pay is a bit low even for someone with more experience - The job… Advice to Senior Management: None at this time. I did give the CEO a thumbs down because I think all CEOs get paid way too much… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.