WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Wanna make less than your worth and be pushed to a mental breakdown? C'MON DOWN!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Middletown, NY

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPossibility of a layoff around every corner! (Yes, that is a PRO!!)

ConsMicromanaging, time policies are just inhumane, working from home is near impossible, company makes it clear that they are paying you much less than the national average and have the audacity to expect you to work harder for less. Raises are a total joke you're lucky if you make a 0.25 raise ! Outsourcing everything to india.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be human and have some morals for a change. Thanks to this company i am now a smoker. Hope you're proud of yourselves.

An overwhelming amount of work

I have been working at WellPoint for more than 3 years

Pros: The people in my department are wonderful and willing to… Cons: Upper management does not listen to concerns regarding understaffing. Just… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people that actually perform the work necessary… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Generally good place to work, but very stressful environment.

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros: Great people, generally good management, salary OK, decent benefits and… Cons: Culture changes, industry is in flux, very stressful work environment, unstable organizational changes. The healthcare industry is experiencing challenging times, so it will take grit… Advice to Senior Management: I work with with some excellent, talented individuals; unfortunately, some have or are thinking about leaving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.