WellPoint

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Operations - Customer Service, Enrollment & Billing

Current Employee - Manager I in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Telecommuting options provide good work/life balance, positive initiatives for process improvement, professional development opportunitites via virtual learning modules, tuition reimbursement up to $5000 per year (no restrictions on area of study)

Cons

Risk of lay off due to major outsourcing and restructing. Some operations areas (from Director level - down) are overly competitive which causes backbiting and a negative/unproductive work environment- workplace bullying. Very active rumor mill that allows certain employees to manipulate and impact important business decisions based on subjective opinions. Although this is not the case in every area, it is prevalent enough to be mindful of its existence.

Provide some stability for onshore staff, allow time for change to yield results before making additional changes.

560 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

Bad Case of Mickey Mouse organization

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at WellPoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mon-Fri, stable income, good money

Cons

That is so far the worst non organization I have ever worked for. Not only managers do not care about their employees but they also discriminate and mistreat people. All these people think that they can treat new comers like dirt. I have worked there for a few years and I have seen hundreds of people being hired and asked to leave due to lack of work. What work??? Not only current employees are being nasty to customers, inappropriate to each other but also they hire new people and fire them right after. I have seen cases of all kinds of discrimination. One thing I have never seen it is for a new person to work there more than 3 months. When being hired by wellPoint, please do yourself a favor and look for another job. They hire and get rid of people right after they don't need help. They won't even memorize your name because soon enough they will hire somebody else.

Hire professionals, train professionals, be professionals. You teach your managers to mistreat and discriminate. Because of rotten companies like yours customer service in our country is failing.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Developer Advisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Developer Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team is excellent. All are very helpful and friendly. I think the workplace is more important to do your job well which I get it here.

Cons

I do not see any downside. I love my job and my employer.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint