There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Operations - Customer Service, Enrollment & Billing

Current Employee - Manager I in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Telecommuting options provide good work/life balance, positive initiatives for process improvement, professional development opportunitites via virtual learning modules, tuition reimbursement up to $5000 per year (no restrictions on area of study)

Cons

Risk of lay off due to major outsourcing and restructing. Some operations areas (from Director level - down) are overly competitive which causes backbiting and a negative/unproductive work environment- workplace bullying. Very active rumor mill that allows certain employees to manipulate and impact important business decisions based on subjective opinions. Although this is not the case in every area, it is prevalent enough to be mindful of its existence.

Provide some stability for onshore staff, allow time for change to yield results before making additional changes.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Developer Advisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Developer Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team is excellent. All are very helpful and friendly. I think the workplace is more important to do your job well which I get it here.

Cons

I do not see any downside. I love my job and my employer.

It's All About the Money

Former Employee - Accounting/Finance
    Former Employee - Accounting/Finance

I worked at WellPoint full-time

Pros

WellPoint makes money, tons of it. And they will make tons more money when Healthcare reform hits. They are here to stay.

Cons

They will make tons of money with or without you. Their processes are horrible but that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether you do a crap job, okay job, or excellent job. You will not be compensated for what you do for them and when they do layoffs, they will lay you off without a thought. Management likes to try new obviously stupid things and then throw it away. That means many wasted months of effort. At the end Management knows they make tons of money so they don't really care about their people or the processes...why worry about anything when the cash keeps flowing into the bank. You will not be appreciated there! By the way, you do not receive free or cmpetitive healthcare here even though it is a healthcare company (so what are the perks for working at a healthcare company?)

Appreciate your employees. Instead of saying thank you thank you thank you, try throwing your workers a bone every once in awhile.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint