WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Operations - Customer Service, Enrollment & Billing

Manager I (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsTelecommuting options provide good work/life balance, positive initiatives for process improvement, professional development opportunitites via virtual learning modules, tuition reimbursement up to $5000 per year (no restrictions on area of study)

ConsRisk of lay off due to major outsourcing and restructing. Some operations areas (from Director level - down) are overly competitive which causes backbiting and a negative/unproductive work environment- workplace bullying. Very active rumor mill that allows certain employees to manipulate and impact important business decisions based on subjective opinions. Although this is not the case in every area, it is prevalent enough to be mindful of its existence.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some stability for onshore staff, allow time for change to yield results before making additional changes.

Bad Case of Mickey Mouse organization

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

I worked at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros: Mon-Fri, stable income, good money Cons: That is so far the worst non organization I have ever worked for. Not only managers do not care about their employees but they also… Advice to Senior Management: Hire professionals, train professionals, be professionals. You teach your managers to mistreat and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Developer Advisor (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros: The team is excellent. All are very helpful and friendly. I think the… Cons: I do not see any downside. I love my job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.