WellPoint

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Great place to work

Current Employee - Developer Advisor in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Developer Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team is excellent. All are very helpful and friendly. I think the workplace is more important to do your job well which I get it here.

Cons

I do not see any downside. I love my job and my employer.

560 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

Great People, Constant Reorganizations

Former Employee - IT Manager
    Former Employee - IT Manager

I worked at WellPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great associates and good working environment.

Cons

Routine organizational and process changes that cost more than the benefit gained. Executive management team rotates every three years or so. New policies, new plans, new strategies...everything old becomes new again. A wise man once said, "There is nothing new under the sun". WellPoint puts a new name to an old idea and calls it innovation.

Stop paying lip service to the programs you introduce.

It's All About the Money

Former Employee - Accounting/Finance
    Former Employee - Accounting/Finance

I worked at WellPoint full-time

Pros

WellPoint makes money, tons of it. And they will make tons more money when Healthcare reform hits. They are here to stay.

Cons

They will make tons of money with or without you. Their processes are horrible but that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether you do a crap job, okay job, or excellent job. You will not be compensated for what you do for them and when they do layoffs, they will lay you off without a thought. Management likes to try new obviously stupid things and then throw it away. That means many wasted months of effort. At the end Management knows they make tons of money so they don't really care about their people or the processes...why worry about anything when the cash keeps flowing into the bank. You will not be appreciated there! By the way, you do not receive free or cmpetitive healthcare here even though it is a healthcare company (so what are the perks for working at a healthcare company?)

Appreciate your employees. Instead of saying thank you thank you thank you, try throwing your workers a bone every once in awhile.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint